Cuddeback vs Moultrie

performance4

Cuddeback vs Moultrie

Postby performance4 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:41 am

Hello fellow hunters
I would like to tell you about the cuddeback no flash camera that I bought about a year ago I also bought the moultrie spy I40.I have had nothing but troubles with the cuddeback and the people there all they want is you money.They are glad to work with you after you give them you credit card number.And for the money the moultrie has proven to be the better camera . You can buy two of them for the price of one cuddeback.The battery life is amazing and the pic are great.
STAY AWAY FROM THE CUDDEBACK.

69Viking

RE: Cuddeback vs Moultrie

Postby 69Viking » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:11 am

I don't like infared so the only camera I'll buy right now is the Moultrie D40 with white flash. On sale I pick them up for $69 with a 1 Gig SD data card included, you can't beat that deal for a good all around camera! It takes great pictures with a fast trigger speed, what more do you need. I have never found the flash to scare the deer either. I have pictures of bucks at a scrape licking the branches above it paying no attention to the fact they are getting their picture taken. I have never even thought of buying a Cuddeback, in my mind they are way over priced when you consider how cheap good digital cameras are these days. To each there own I guess but I'm sticking with my Moultries, they have never given me a reason to spend more to buy another brand.

Goose

Postby Goose » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:32 am

Performance4- I will say the exact opposite. I have the I40 and capture (flash) from cuddeback. I'm on my 2nd I40 and it is on its last leg, the main screen is not even readable, so I cant change or set anything, pictures are not that great-especially at night, the shutter is loud ( I can show you pictures of deer actually turning around on a trail to look at the camera), every deer is looking into the camera which tells me that the deer know its there, I can show you more butts of deer than I can heads.
The cuddeback has been great, no problems at all. All of the deer in the pics are in the first half of the picture which tells me that the trigger speed is fast. Picture quality is also good. Simple to use and dependable.

The moultries batteries last a little longer but it takes 6 batteries compare to the captures 4.

As a side note, I have heard bad things about the cuddeback no flash, but I have no experience with them.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

VA Hunter

Postby VA Hunter » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:20 am

I have the Moultrie I 40 and it's been a good camera so far.  Great pics on enhaced quality setting.  With a 2GB SD card it holds close to 2000 pics.  Thats plenty for me.  Trigger speed is a bit slow as I have lots of pics with the tail end of a deer or nothing.  Night pics are OK but nothing compared to the daytime pics.  Heres an example of a daytime pic on enhanced.

Goose

Postby Goose » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:39 am

Have you had any troubles with the screen not working right? My first one went blank and now this one has done the same thing. A buddy of mine also has the same problem with his.....I think moisture gets in them somehow?
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

RNC

Postby RNC » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:40 pm

I had a couple of the Moultrie cameras and they started out well. But it ended up that one camera would take a picture everytime the reset delay counted down, so every 5 minutes it was taking a picture all on its own it did not need to be tripped by an animal. The second camera would not hold the date and time setting. I would have to reset it everytime I checked the camera, we would be hunting in November and the camera would be showing dates of June one time then feburary the next time and so on. Both cameras had very slow trigger speeds of 3 seconds or longer from the trip until it took the picture. One of the cameras used a 6 volt battery and burned through those at an insane rate. The other used D cell batteries and they lasted slightly longer. When on of the cameras would not display on the T.V. this spring I called Moultrie and asked about getting it fixed. All I got was a run around.

I bought two Cuddebacks this summer (not the IR one) and there is no comparison. Programming them is easy, fast trigger speed and have not had to replace the batteries yet. I also like the metal case you can get for them and bolt the camera right to the tree.
Of course this is hard. It's supposed to be hard, thats what makes it great. If it was easy everyone would do it!

tailchaser

Postby tailchaser » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:49 am

I have one of the first game spy1.0 flash cam and an i40 the 1.0 dig, read out quit after 5 years but it still takes amazing pics I just take my computer with me and down load pic on the spot and it is still on same internal battery so time date and all that is still correct except during daylight saving time then its an hour off, unfortunatly my i40 on its 7 th mont dig, read out started to act funny aswell as the shutter but moultrie has a recall on the lcd screen if its under a year old ,im going to send my back in a few weeks it still takes between 500 and 200 pics evey week so im pretty satisfied. If any one needs the return form or moultrie just ask I had them email me one.

LONGBEARD

Postby LONGBEARD » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:38 pm

I have 4 cuddebacks a no flash /expert and 2 captures
I have got some great pics with all of them but the captures
are easy to set up less than 2 minutes, QUICK trigger speed
other brands got the animal after it walked past the camera
I can not speak for a moultrie .

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:07 pm

I have a moultrie D40 and love it....No problems here, and half the price of the cuddebacks! 
QDM!

cooter

Postby cooter » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:11 am

Stay away from Cuddie Back ! Had 4.  No toll free phone #. The first thing they want
is your credt card #. I spent $400 each for the cameras, and now they want another $100
each to UPGRADE to a new camera thats worth $200, and won't ship for 4 weeks.
Nothing but trouble with the No Flash units, and no satisfaction from the factory.
STAY AWAY FROM CUDDIE BACK !

Next

Return to Scouting Cameras