QDM

Discuss Quality Deer Management issues here!
bwhntr

QDM

Postby bwhntr » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:41 am

This club was created for QDM. And being archery only, it adds just a bit more excitement and patience on the bowhunters part. If a buck slips by,that meets those requirements, then he possibly has another year to grow. That is why I joined the club. So that I may have a chance to take a nice buck with a bow. When that excitement leaves me, then I will hang up my bow and arrows, and quit hunting. Not that any deer is not a trophy, that is up to the individual. I am just as happy to take a doe, but having that chance to take an upper class buck is always there.

kykevin

RE: QDM

Postby kykevin » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:15 pm

what club is that?

-=It's not a passion. It's an obsession.=--

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:37 am

I certainly agree that bow hunting can add excitement and require more patience than gun hunting, but I don't think I'd give up hunting if I could no longer hunt with my bow.  Hunting with either firearm or bow is worth the effort in my book.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

kykevin

Postby kykevin » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:32 pm

I like to think if I could no longer hunt I would focus on taking kids hunting. We have to pass it on.
-=It's not a passion. It's an obsession.=--

jsjandro

Postby jsjandro » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:22 pm

i would hunt with a knife to up the challenge before give up and quit - besides meat is more important than something you cant eat anyways.
only if we had antler point restrictions...:(

try not to become a man of success, but a man of value.

Return to QDM • Quality Deer Management