any body out there?

any body out there?

Postby wolf60 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:49 am

Where are all the Ohio hunters? Nobody is posting. You seeing deer? Are you getting deer? How is your season going so far? I have been seeing a few does. I hunt along a large creek. On one side is the creek bottom and on the other side is a large standing corn field. Until the corn has been picked, I won't see alot of deer. They tend to hold up in the corn. Once the corn is out, they return to the creek bottom.I have a couple of stands covering the creek crossings. Then things will start to look up. GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOU OHIO HUNTERS AND HUNT SAFE.

RE: any body out there?

Postby Ifishandhunt » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:53 pm

We're here wolf! Just tied up in other forums I guess. As for me (Butler County) I am seeing deer as I end my hunt and walk back to my truck either right at dark or around 11:00am. I tried staying in my stand until noon or so a few times to see if there was a pattern, but the only pattern I am seeing is the one at dusk. My stands seemed ideally located last year and I bagged 3 nice doe, but this year the deer are not showing up. The property owner got lazy this year and only bushed hogged part of his property and then plowed a one lane row around the perimeter of his property (not close enough to my stand) that I have noticed the deer using. I relocated one of my stands over the weekend near some buck sign so I hope it bears fruit in the coming weeks. I just hope that me moving the stand right in the beginning of the season is not going to hurt. I also just bought a climbing stand and intend to locate myself in a better area. I am hoping once the rut kicks in, the bucks and doe will be roaming closer to my stands. We'll see. Happy hunting!

Postby OHhunter » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:58 pm

There's a few people posting there observation on the Ohio 2009 hunting journal. Check it out. Here's the link.

2009 Ohio Hunting Journal

Postby bowhuntingbiker » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:32 pm

I am seeing deer in the late evening. I also hunt near a river and one side is woods, the other tall grass with trails mowed down leading to a corn field. Rainy days(not stormy) show deer movement all through the day. Last year went 4/4. So far this far 0/2. Good luck guys. BHB

Postby AfterShock95 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:00 am

not seeing the as many deer at this stand as I did last year have been seeing a small 8 point but no does yet got alot of pics on my cam of does but not seeing them yet

Return to Ohio