any body out there?

wolf60

any body out there?

Postby wolf60 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:49 am

Where are all the Ohio hunters? Nobody is posting. You seeing deer? Are you getting deer? How is your season going so far? I have been seeing a few does. I hunt along a large creek. On one side is the creek bottom and on the other side is a large standing corn field. Until the corn has been picked, I won't see alot of deer. They tend to hold up in the corn. Once the corn is out, they return to the creek bottom.I have a couple of stands covering the creek crossings. Then things will start to look up. GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOU OHIO HUNTERS AND HUNT SAFE.

Ifishandhunt

RE: any body out there?

Postby Ifishandhunt » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:53 pm

We're here wolf! Just tied up in other forums I guess. As for me (Butler County) I am seeing deer as I end my hunt and walk back to my truck either right at dark or around 11:00am. I tried staying in my stand until noon or so a few times to see if there was a pattern, but the only pattern I am seeing is the one at dusk. My stands seemed ideally located last year and I bagged 3 nice doe, but this year the deer are not showing up. The property owner got lazy this year and only bushed hogged part of his property and then plowed a one lane row around the perimeter of his property (not close enough to my stand) that I have noticed the deer using. I relocated one of my stands over the weekend near some buck sign so I hope it bears fruit in the coming weeks. I just hope that me moving the stand right in the beginning of the season is not going to hurt. I also just bought a climbing stand and intend to locate myself in a better area. I am hoping once the rut kicks in, the bucks and doe will be roaming closer to my stands. We'll see. Happy hunting!

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:58 pm

There's a few people posting there observation on the Ohio 2009 hunting journal. Check it out. Here's the link.

2009 Ohio Hunting Journal
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

bowhuntingbiker

Postby bowhuntingbiker » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:32 pm

I am seeing deer in the late evening. I also hunt near a river and one side is woods, the other tall grass with trails mowed down leading to a corn field. Rainy days(not stormy) show deer movement all through the day. Last year went 4/4. So far this far 0/2. Good luck guys. BHB

AfterShock95

Postby AfterShock95 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:00 am

not seeing the as many deer at this stand as I did last year have been seeing a small 8 point but no does yet got alot of pics on my cam of does but not seeing them yet

Return to Ohio