Anyone here?

upatreestand75

Anyone here?

Postby upatreestand75 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:25 pm

I was shocked to see no posts for Oklahoma!  We have had some crazy weather here in the sooner state this year.  The coolest bow season I have seen in a long time.  Ihave seen alot of deer when I have went out.  Havent seen the big one except on camera.  In my doe spots all I can see are immature bucks! It should be a good season this year though.  All you other Okies need to chime in!

MoDeer

RE: Anyone here?

Postby MoDeer » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:58 pm

Welcome upatreestand75  they just listed Oklahoma on here today . That s why there have been posts wet .  I grew up hunting in Oklahoma along the Verdigris river just west of Claremore . Getting ready to come down their for muzzle loader and bow hunting . 2 weeks and 2 days let the count down begin . Hopefully I can bring some of our cooler weather with me it got a little warm down there last year . Whats the deer forcast like are the numbers up or down .
Johnny

If I cant make a good shot please let me have a clean miss

tbone

Postby tbone » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:00 pm

Hey all, I agree. Okieland is looking great this year, lots of deer. I have been out a few times and seen a lot of deer, nothing close enough yet to score on but its been great seeing deer. I actually saw a buck already chasing a doe last weekend. My brother and I will be heading out this weekend. I am hunting mainly in Osage county but I like to hit the public land around Copan lake early in the season as well. Good luck to all!
Hunting safe, all the time.

MoDeer

Postby MoDeer » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:26 pm

Welcome to the site tbone . Sure am glad to hear there are lots of deer . you Okies must have started doing something right after I left their 15 years ago . I was down last year and was surprised at the number and quality of the deer we saw . I could not remember it being that good when I left . Good luck this weekend
Johnny

If I cant make a good shot please let me have a clean miss

tbone

Postby tbone » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:17 am

Your right,15 or 20 years ago I can remember going entire seasons without seeing a deer in the woods, it has definably improved.

IMHO I still believe there should be some antler restriction regulations put in place, and I think things would get even better.

Good luck this year!

bjsokwild

Postby bjsokwild » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:52 pm

it's good to see an oklahoma site!  deer and turkey numbers appear to be excellent this year.  all the "big" ones i've been watching in the field and on camera are still around after two years of self-imposed qdma and now i've got an opportunity for three that will go 150" or better (most i've seen in more than 10 years).  best of luck to all that can get afield this season!

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:03 am

I just set up my son's first treestand. [:o] I don't know what to worry about more, if he will fall out of it; or if he will shoot a bigger buck than me?[:D] Has anyone else noticed that the deer seem to be scraping harder and earlyer than normal? My son and i found 7 scarpes on our place just yesterday! Good to talk to Okies about Okie hunting.

tbone

Postby tbone » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:52 am

Have not seen any scrapes or rubs yet, but lots of activity, saw a buck chasing a doe the other day. I think I am gonna lay low for the next two weeks till Black Powder opens, we have been hunting our place pretty hard, Let them calm down a bit and then get after them again with the ole smoke poles.

bigbuckdon

Postby bigbuckdon » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:27 pm

howdy okies, i gotta agree for the most part... lots and lots of deer here in northwest oklahoma. got 1300 pics from my trail cam. now if i can just get my deer back to the feeder. i think alot of it is this goofy weather we are having and the full moon. good luck to all of you this year and be safe. [8D]

Return to Oklahoma