IL. ranked 48th in public hunting access

EatDeer

IL. ranked 48th in public hunting access

Postby EatDeer » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:16 am

The new DNR director Marc Miller, ranks IL, 48th out of 50 states, in the amount of public hunting lands available to hunters. Miller is planning on re-opening 7 state parks closed by the Blagojevich administration. This is suposed to appease IL, hunters, but I have to ask is this enough? The ever growing decline in hunter numbers is largely based on this very problem...denied hunter access.  I'm sorry Mr. Miller but your going to have actually do something about this problem, instead of saying the same old politican's speel over and over, we've heard it all before.  
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

epapineau

RE: IL. ranked 48th in public hunting access

Postby epapineau » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:14 am

Thats the state of Chicago for ya! er... I mean IL

buckwild

Postby buckwild » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:00 pm

Sounds about right.  I havent been blessed with access to private land, and have been hunting Lowden Miller for about 7 - 8 years.  Its about 45 min from my house, which is doable, but it makes scouting a challenge.  Afternoon hunts are pretty much out of the question.  I work till 5:30.  Sure would be nice to get out more often.  I am grateful for what time I do have, however.  Come on Saturday......
Semper Fidelis!

hookset6969

Postby hookset6969 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:04 pm

I said it once I'll say it again This state is the piss bucket capital of the world, I wish every hunter in this state could pack his or her family and move somewhere that actually want's us. All this state want's is your tax dollar's, not to far off from any other place but at least they have some place for you to use.

Lot to Learn 2

Postby Lot to Learn 2 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:52 pm

Policies in this state are simple. The population and therefore the representation is in and from Chicago. The rest of us are screwed. Just what are the plans for public access?  Is the state going to buy hunting ground from individuals and let the public hunt? Are they going to encourage more outfitters so out of state people can hunt?

State needs to work on something it has a prayer of fixing, and let's face it, they can just focus on chicago and leave the rest of the state alone.

hookset6969

Postby hookset6969 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:21 pm

I hear ya LOT TO LEARN, I hate to sound so negative but what heck is going on, This state is run by chicago not much different than Madison run's WI, BUT Wi has the hunter's to help voice an opinion, I hate to say it but it almost seem's as if the hunter's in this state are not speaking or do not exsist. And I live 75-80 miles west of Chicago and you might as well just call where I live Chicago also. They have all moved this way and brought their goofy idea's with them. Don't blame anyone for wanting to get out of there but when you come leave everything behind including the city mentality!

Return to Illinois