The count down begins...

msbadger

The count down begins...

Postby msbadger » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:48 am

10 more days...and this year is lucky....We are having BAD high winds today and lots of rain....this happens EVERY year but usually the day before season starts and I end up loosing my best stands to ...repair....well if this is the usual..... it's early and I have a few days to check and repair if need be ...and still have a few days recovery time....and to clean up the trails because we always get a downed tree or two and a bunch of limbs...have time for the widow or widower makers to be checked as well

genoabuck

RE: The count down begins...

Postby genoabuck » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:53 am

I am really looking forward to the upcoming SZ bow opener. I was glassing fields on Sunday and I saw a real monster. I have seen quite a few 120 class deer but this guy is something special. He was only a couple hundred yards from one of my stands, and I am pumped. Good luck to all

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:49 am

yup wont be long now
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:11 am

My count down began already here in the northern zone but now its a count down until I actually see some deer! I have been getting skunked!! I have only (while on stand sitting) seen deer one time. But they have been out all over every place I'm not!
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

vipertech

Postby vipertech » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:40 am

I finally bought a game cam (Bushnell Trophy Cam).  I put it out on the 3rd on one of the farms I hunt.  I already captured some images of a doe group.  I probably shouldn't have been out there this close to the season but I don't actually hunt this place as often as the other places so I wasn't too concerned.  Seeing that there is activity already caught on film is getting me psyched for the season. 

NYarcher

Postby NYarcher » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:56 am

Been counting down myself. Havent been on here much lately. Sooo busy finishing up projects here at home so I dont have anything hanging over my head when the opener hits. Havent even put my stealth cam back out but like everyone I have my favorite spots [;)] so im not too concerned. Opening weekend I wont even be on stand. Gonna sit in the ground blind with my significant other trying to get her first deer. That first deer is something special and I would love to share in that moment. If you guys dont here from me by then good luck and true flight!
Venison - the other red meat

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:00 am

t man vipertech,finish up the honeydo list now so ya can hunt away.Me i got stuck having to go to PA on the 20th and the 27th so i lose those days plus the days after.hoping to do a hunt camping trip from the 29th into nov 10th keeping fingers crossed
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:25 am

I am a Master Procrastinator ....... I have had plenty of time to get my gear together but still don't have it done yet . Need to get my backpack ready , broadheads on the arrows , and check my clothes in the tote bin . Shouldn't take long . I just need to do it !
I have a few Eddie-Do projects that I want to take care of before season opens .
Semper Fi !

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:48 am

his is the first year im not chomping at the bit to go i havent done ANYTHING cept to get my tags,my pain is really bad this year and im just not thrilled,hoping that will change.i do know that being in the woods will do me alot of good,now dragging a deer on the other hand might just cripple me[&:]

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:19 am

Well guys after today in 9 days we'll be sitting in trees...blinds..ect....

The wind storm had me out ALL day yesterday clearing paths and checking stands...lost best stand AGAIN! ....so now it gets chained and ratchet strapped besides nailed...Ole momma nature will have to strike the trees down to get it next time!!...lost a 15in maple and some tops....how does every thing manage to fall right on mine and the deer trails?[:@]
Today I'm baking all the goodies for camp and thanksgiving....freezer will be full...need to start the third one...actually I'm hoping to tag out early in the bow season....Thanksgiving falls to me this year and I really have a lot to do....Hate that rushed feeling....much of the bow deer go to jerky..cubing and sausages...that takes a lot of time and I'm the one responsible for all bow kills and processed meats...the guys cut and wrap the gun season deer with me.

Joel remember to use your cell phone and ask friends and family for help...I'm sure they'd be glad to...go get-em[;)]

PS..wow I just tasted the walnut zucchini bread I made....5 loaves and 5 more to go....good thing I'm freezing and giving it away.....mmmnnn good[:D]

Next

Return to New York