Wildview cameras ????

coach

Wildview cameras ????

Postby coach » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:44 pm

I bought my dad a wildview camera for christmas 2007.
The thing worked like crap....like most of you already know.
I sent it back to Texas to exchange it for a brand new one.
I have the same problem.  Flash....not working...or too bright.  Battery life is not long.

I'm trying to call them....the line is always busy.  I sent an email 2 weeks ago....and got not response.

Does anyone knows if they went bankrupt or something. ????

chow pow
Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

fasteddie

RE: Wildview cameras ????

Postby fasteddie » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:26 pm

They are still selling a lot of cameras . I sometimes wonder if they might be in cahoots with the battery manufacturers . [8|]
Some of the companies just don't respond . I sent an email to the Hunter safety System to see if they sell replacement vests for their systems . No reply .
Keep trying !
Semper Fi !

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:29 pm

I got one and it works alright for me.. My buddy got one and it didnt work good, and my other buddys the flash went out on it.. However he just took it back to the store.You could try taking it to walmart or where ever if you still have the package and extange it out. It all goes back to them in the end.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:46 pm

ORIGINAL: fasteddie

They are still selling a lot of cameras . I sometimes wonder if they might be in cahoots with the battery manufacturers . Image
Some of the companies just don't respond . I sent an email to the Hunter safety System to see if they sell replacement vests for their systems . No reply .
Keep trying!

I've had good luck with HSS customer service. I had a buckle come apart last year, and I contacted them. They had me send the vest in and I had it back in about a week with a rand new buckle.

ORIGINAL: DeerCamp

I got one and it works alright for me.. My buddy got one and it didnt work good, and my other buddys the flash went out on it.. However he just took it back to the store.You could try taking it to walmart or where ever if you still have the package and extange it out. It all goes back to them in the end.

I have no experience with Wildview cameras, but I've seen pictures taken with them that I thought were pretty good. That doesn't speak to battery life, but at least in some cases they take good photos.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

coach

Postby coach » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:36 pm

Thanks alot guys.....

The first time it broke....I called...and they responded immediately saying to ship it to Texas...and they gave me a newer model.  LOL.
Same problem.   Now ...I can't even get a hold of them.  I'll keep trying.

But the pictures that did come out....yes....they were good and clear.  But 75% is totally black...or totally white.

Thanks again.

I'll keep you informed of the outcome.
chow pow
Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

8uck5nort

Postby 8uck5nort » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:21 am

I have had my Wildview for a couple of seasons now. First season it worked great, but now it is doing the same thing you are talking about with the washed out pics and/or black outs, and the battery life is way too short. I am making up for anything I saved in buying batteries. [:@]

I have removed mine from the woods until spring. I don't have the time, patience or money to deal with it right now and it still does not kill em for ya so it is not the end of the world.
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

dewey

Postby dewey » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:06 am

I got the sme problem plus a few more.

1. The camera doesn't seem to work when it is 20 degrees or colder.
2. Battery life on those things SUCK!
3. I was sitting in the stand one day and a doe walked right by the camera and the camera did nothing, no picture. Another time there were tracks that came right up to it and no camera again.

WILDVIEW cameras are not very good.[:@]

Dewey
�Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.�

Mahatma Gandhi

shadow

Postby shadow » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:02 am

I hate Wildviews!
I never was able to get any customer satisfaction from them...plenty of dis-satisfaction with my calls to them, but never any help.
Just about 10 months now and I am proud to say I no-longer own any Wildview camera's.

Return to Scouting Cameras