Do you have a hit list for this season?

2tonyb

RE: Do you have a hit list for this season?

Postby 2tonyb » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:33 pm

After taking my walk to one of my stands this evening, I need to revise my "hit list".  I jumped two bucks out of a fence row.  One is around 130" and the other I would guess to be around 165"...kinda depends on how many tines there really were.  I'm pretty sure it was at least a ten point.  It had tremendous mass and the tines were long and THICK.  You know...it would be pretty hard for me to pass on a 130" buck.  I'll have to pray for patience and the strength to make good choices!

smudd55

Postby smudd55 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:25 am

He is getting a little gut on him. He might just have poor genetics.

smudd55

Postby smudd55 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:27 am

Fellas I just put one on my list after this mornings hunt. I checked my cam and look what I found. I have a couple 8's on film and I watched one of them in the corn the other day, but I don't have this guy on film nor have I ever seen him. This cam is right under my stand.

2tonyb

Postby 2tonyb » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:20 pm

Nice one smudd! Trail cam pics are a great motivation.

kykevin

Postby kykevin » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:44 pm

I have been after this buck for 2 years now. Plenty of trail cam pics of him, even alot in daylight but I have yet to see him in person.  I have pics of a few other mature bucks I will surely take though if the oppurtunity arises. I think its fun to target one buck, but I donrt do it to the extreme that I would pass another good mature buck for it.

-=It's not a passion. It's an obsession.=--

smudd55

Postby smudd55 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:18 am

I don't know man. I know I have a nice 8 in my area but this 140" sher is perty. If I get a shot at the "little" 8 I will prolly take it because I am not even sure about seeing this big boy in daylight.
From Jeremiah Johnson~I am Bear Claw Chris Lapp; bloodkin to the grizzer that bit Jim Bridger's ass! YOU are molesting my hunt!

Previous

Return to Indiana