Review of Vital Information

Vital Information is an educational resource from Deer & Deer Hunting. The CD contains hunting wisdom about shot placement, biology, physiology and ethics. How has it helped your hunt?
gunther89

RE: Review of Vital Information

Postby gunther89 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:09 am

Well I just got it in the mail today and will be watching it tonight.
Scott

Fishinfred

Postby Fishinfred » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:43 am

Ok Im a new guy on the block Where and how do i order this ?? Is this just for those that subscribe to Deer and Deer Hunting magizine ?? Ive just sigfned up to the sight so far
Fishinfred

Goose

Postby Goose » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:58 am

ORIGINAL: Fishinfred

Ok Im a new guy on the block Where and how do i order this ?? Is this just for those that subscribe to Deer and Deer Hunting magizine ?? Ive just sigfned up to the sight so far
Fishinfred

First off, WELCOME!!!!

Heres a link to it- http://www.krausebooks.com/product/Vital-Information/outdoors_hunting
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:11 am

got my copy today in the mail.i looked at it on my laptop.its a digital collection of deer anatomy articles and some excellent anotomy charts.after loading the free quicktime application i started watching the videos,pretty good stuff.very useful info about deer anotomy and excellent material on shot placement after i review it some more i will post a total review of it,so far i give it a thumbs up
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

JPH

Postby JPH » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:12 pm

I had the chance to review Vital Information yesterday. I don't know if I can add a whole lot to what has already been said, but I'll try.

I think this sort of thing is WAY overdue and it is a very welcome addition to my arsenal of deer hunting tools. I am hoping to get my son into his first deer this fall and you can bet that he and I will be spending some time with this program before we hit the woods. I will also be going right to the anatomy charts if I have a deer that leaves me any question about how it was it.

All I can say is thank you D&DH, the deer hunting world needed this!

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:09 pm

i posted a review below about the cd before i saw this thread but ill leave on here as well. as jph said its hard to add to what has already been said but i think i can add a little. like patriot said the articles are all from the magazine but i liken to a greatest hits album. and much to my wifes delight it takes up much less space than a stack of magazines. the 3-D deer views are phenominal. this would defintitly be a vital tool to anyone trying to educate a novice in the fine art of deer hunting.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

WiredToHunt

Postby WiredToHunt » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:24 pm

Vital Information is really a must have for any deer hunting info nut. It's packed with really detailed scientific insight into the Whitetail biology, shot placement and some other key info. In regards to Patriot's review, it is very true that if you read all D & DH mag's, you would have already seen these articles. But they are so in depth and useful that it is nice to have them aggregated on one easy to access cd. Definitely a great get for anyone that craves more info about the science of the Whitetail and its physiology.

Check out my full review on Wired To Hunt here... Vital Information - Complete Guide to Whitetail Biology, Physiology and Shot Placement
Wired To Hunt
The Deer Hunting Blog for the Next Generation
http://www.wiredtohunt.com

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:57 am

A different take on the Vital Vision CD. 

I was excited about receiving the Vital Information DVD, but that excitement quickly turned to disappointment when I realized what in fact it was; a compilation of articles in PDF format, some movie files from the D&DH TV show, and an "interactive" computer program with poor graphics and little functionality.

[font=calibri]To start, most if not all the articles could have been obtained by subscribing to D&DH magazine.  Good information, but I've already got it in my magazines.  [/font]

The 5 instructional hunting videos are OK, but nothing special, and if I watched the show I would have already seen these.  They are not something I need to see more than once.

[font=calibri]Most disappointing was the Exclusive Vital Vision interactive computer program.  It's interactive in only the most basic of functions; spinning a 3-D image of a transparent deer.  And even in that, the controls are crude at best.  As far as zooming in or zooming out, it really doesn't zoom but rather changes screen size.  But that doesn't really matter, the graphics are so poorly rendered as to be only average quality at best.[/font]

[font=calibri]I can see what this CD would like to be, but it is just not there yet.  This would be something I would have accepted in the late 1990's, but not from a product delivered today given the technology available.  It is a start, but a long ways from a finished product.[/font]

[font=calibri]Had I paid $29.99 for the CD I would be sorely disappointed.   [/font]

“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

eagle eye

Postby eagle eye » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:38 am

This CD is a must for any hunter from first timer to seasoned veteran. I have a great assortment of video, interactive animation, pictures and information ranging from anatomical issues, the physiology or the whitetail and practical in the field knowledge. The scientific information will broaden your knowledge about the animal we all love so much and the field information is something we can use prior to and after the shot. I have used this on many occasions already to educate new hunters and clarify misconceptions.
Again this is a must for all hunters.
John Wojtas
Enjoying the moment and always striving to enhance our hunting heritage

tbone

Postby tbone » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:29 am

I would have to say a must buy for anyone interested in Deer hunting. Very informative and user friendly.
Hunting safe, all the time.

PreviousNext

Return to Vital Information