scope for muzzle loader

Talk about the best guns and ammunition for deer hunting!
Lot to Learn 2

scope for muzzle loader

Postby Lot to Learn 2 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:39 am

got a new muzzle loader this year and need a scope. I still have the old muzzleloader but I have a friend I talked into hunting this year so I am leaving the scope on that. It is a Bushnell dusk to dawn which I am fine with. I have no intentions of shooting over 100 yds so the pre marked drops are not that important to me.   anyone have any suggestions for a good scope under $150?

ranwin33

RE: scope for muzzle loader

Postby ranwin33 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:16 am

Cabelas makes the Pine Ridge and Powderhorn for muzzle loaders.  I've looked through both and either seem fine.

My brother bought the Powderhorn I think and he's pleased with it. 

Both are right around the $100 mark, I think the Pine Ridge may be on sale for about half that now.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

nhdeerchaser

Postby nhdeerchaser » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:55 pm

I have a bushnell banner 1.5-4.5X32 on my muzzleloader and I love it! I am a short range deep woods shooter, so I don't need alot of magnification for my shots. Besides, I like it's wide field of view.

Mike
You can't kill'em sittin' on the couch!

Mr.buck

Postby Mr.buck » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:43 am

[X(]mr.buck hear looking for a good scope for a cva wolf magnum. they have a tc scope for a muzzle loader over to wal-mart for $45.00 is that a good deal for that. I have no idea what power the scope is.
Mr.buck

Return to Guns and Ammo