Any luck with the Bow?

thebaran12

Any luck with the Bow?

Postby thebaran12 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:11 pm

Anybody seeing or shooting any bucks or does?

marshall9779

RE: any luck with the bow?

Postby marshall9779 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:47 am

No. I did take a shot on a 4-5 pointer. It was damn near straight down. The arrow was quite far enough back and hit the shoulder blade and got no penetration. There was no blood or anything. Lost the deer after a fruitless search.

kighty7

Postby kighty7 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:10 am

No luck as of yet. I am hoping to get out tomorrow and see if I can't get someting on the ground.
Mathews Drenalin
Trophy Ridge 5 pin site
Rage 2 Blade
Left Handed Freak

t99civicsi

Postby t99civicsi » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:39 am

So far just a doe...saw a 6pt, before the buck opener....but haven't had much luck seeing deer since.

I'm in southeastern PA and i'll tell you what, i'm having tons of trouble even seeing deer for the past 2 weeks...i'm getting more frustrated with everytime i go out. I've never had seasons that have started the way this fall has....[&o]

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:44 am

ORIGINAL: marshall9779

No. I did take a shot on a 4-5 pointer. It was damn near straight down. The arrow was quite far enough back and hit the shoulder blade and got no penetration. There was no blood or anything. Lost the deer after a fruitless search.

When you say straight down, did you mean he was right below you?  The reason I ask is because I don't see that as a very high percentage shot.  The area to be able to put a deer down is very small, and there is a greater chance for a bad shot (which may have happened), and to have a wounded or dead deer out there that may not get recovered (as sounds is the case?).  Correct me if I'm wrong...
QDM!

Bluegrass Archer

Postby Bluegrass Archer » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:23 pm

One doe for me. Every time out, i see plenty of does but the only buck ive seen was a 4pt. I havnt even seen any scrapes yet, i know the buck to doe ratio is not very good in the area so im not sure if they just arnt scraping yet or if theres so many does around that the bucks just arnt going to use to areas im hunting. Hopefully things get better for the rut!

shadow

Postby shadow » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:27 am

No luck yet. Its starting to get me down!
I have been out I believe around 7 times and since Oct 1 or so have not seen any deer. October lull?

Jdbllung

Postby Jdbllung » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:28 am

It's been a really slow start for myself and other members of our lease. Very little sign, minimal activity, and few opportunities has all of us rather discouraged. The game cams aren't showing us much either. Hoping that the recent cold here will ramp things up a bit, along with the moon phase.
Happiness is a good blood trail! Jeremy W.

danesdad

RE: Any luck with the Bow?

Postby danesdad » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:33 pm

Tough sledding for me. The places I hunt are marginal anyway, but this year I'm not even seeing them. But, I'll keep flailing away.

8uck5nort

Postby 8uck5nort » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:26 am

Arrowed a 2.5 year old, but well fed fat buck in September. Missed one doe two weeks later and got busted trying to draw yesterday on another doe.

I have seen one small buck since taking my buck back in September. I have seen 9 does in same time period with two shot opps that I have messed up.

Someone else mentioned not seeing rubs or scrapes yet. I have not been able to loacate any my hunting area either. Not like last year anyway where they seemed to be everywhere.
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

Next

Return to Pennsylvania