Yesterday was a long day .............

fasteddie

Yesterday was a long day .............

Postby fasteddie » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:48 am

I was in my stand before 7am in Geneseo . On the way to the stand i kicked out 4 deer . They appeared to be all does . Around 7:30 the deer started across the North end of the field , about 400 yards away . They moved out of the field around 8:30 . It was cccccccccold ! 27 degrees when I 1st got there .
Around 10 am , I heard dogs barking frantically as the Genesee Valley Hunt Club was having a chase . The dogs ran across where the deer had been earlier . I thought they were chasing a fox but I guess they were chasing a coyote . Around 10:30 I saw two hen turkeys .
I walked to the far end of the field to see how a blind might be set up another day and knocked some of the weeds down .
Didn't see another thing the rest of the day and i had switched stands . Well , I did have a shepard dog come around at about 4pm . It was under my stand . Just enough to keep the deer away . I gave up at 5:30 pm .
Semper Fi !

fasteddie

RE: Yesterday was a long day .............

Postby fasteddie » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:16 am

I had a heck of a time trying to focus the camera because of the leaves ...................

http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj14 ... -19-09.flv
Semper Fi !

msbadger

RE: Yesterday was a long day .............

Postby msbadger » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:31 pm

Nice video Fasteddie....ya it was a cold start but now the warm temps are back on us...It has shut me down for a while....Today I finished up a few posted signs and checked on new stand placements for next season on the new property.

Mr B. and I stacked hay he brought home ...In the morning I'll be checking out a stand and I'm in big buck only mode...until the temps go back down...geez there where flies every where today...and it's suppose to go into mid sixtiesfor a few days.....hope to mow trails by end of the week

Return to New York