Have Any Gun Safe Advice

OHhunter

Have Any Gun Safe Advice

Postby OHhunter » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:37 am

I'm in the market for a gun safe, looking for something that will hold at least 16 but would prefer 20 guns.  What do you all have, and have you had any issues with yours. 
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

beagleman23

RE: Have Any Gun Safe Advice

Postby beagleman23 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:08 am

I have two Timber Ridge safes bought at Gander Moutain approx. 4 years ago.  No issues as of yet except when we moved.  The 20-25 gun safe weighs over 600 lbs and was quite a bear to move and transport.  The shelves are movable to suite your set up.  I have them in the basement on big blocks of pressure treated wood and place moisture absorbing bags inside.  The ones from Remington can be dried and recharged in your oven.  I also store my long guns barrel down especially right after cleaning so any solvent/oil runs down the barrel instead of into the action.

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:07 pm

[font=tahoma]I own a Liberty Safe, Centurion 20 (22 gun model) - [/font][font=tahoma]http://www.libertysafe.com/[/font][font=tahoma] [/font]
[font=tahoma][/font][font=tahoma][/font] 
[font=tahoma]My advice would be to buy a bigger safe than you need now.  They are a pain to move and I don't know about you but I am going to continue to pruchase new guns.  So bigger is better that way you don't never have to get another one.[/font]

[font=tahoma]Also, make sure you use a dehumidifier.[/font]
[font=tahoma][/font] 
[font=tahoma]I think you are in Ross County, Vance's and Buckeye Outdoors (same company) in central Ohio have the Liberty Safes and always have sales on them.  [/font]
[font=tahoma][/font] 
[font=tahoma]Here is their latest flyer with all the sale prices - [/font][font=tahoma]http://buckeyeoutdoors.net/flyer/flyer.pdf[/font]
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:27 pm

Thanks for the info, I'm going up to buckeye outdoors this week sometime, I'll check em out.  My problem is I'll leave with a new gun or two and still no safe.  I've been shopping for one the last few years all I got are more guns and no safe. I think I may have a problem..... maybe not I think I can start another layering in my gun chest and still have room for 3 maybe 4 more guns if I squeez'em together really tight.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

Return to Misc. Accessories