Ice!!!

hunter480

Ice!!!

Postby hunter480 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:46 am

Wow, I got caught in the ice yesterday evening. Incredible, it was like a virtual scating rink.

Everything happened so fast, I don`t remember it all.....but when it all was done, Goodyear All Terain tire, aluminum wheel, ball-joint, tire-rod, all ruined. Wow. And that`s before they even have it up on the rack to inspect closely. I hope they don`t find anything else......I may have the truck back by this Friday, and if so, might still get a couple late archery hunts in.

Hope everyone else survived the ice and are all okay.

paulie

RE: Ice!!!

Postby paulie » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:30 pm

At least you werent hurt(I hope)!

CoG

Postby CoG » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:08 pm

I just ran out to your state a week ago and everything was iced over.  Was there just to pick up a dirt bike and I ate it pretty hard myself.  Not fun!  Be careful when it slicks up!

djohns13

Postby djohns13 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:30 am

Hope you are okay Greg.  The equipment can always be fixed or replaced.

So we had monster ice, torrential rains and now 60 degree temps coming for Saturday.  You just never know what is coming in Indiana.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Good shooting.
Darren Johnson
Internet Pro Staff Member - Indiana

Glad to talk to all of you, but I'd rather be sitting in a tree stand on a cool morning trying not to move so that the bruiser buck directly below me doesn't figure out that I am watching him!

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:58 am

Well, it`s all repaired except for the new wheel being purchased and the tire replaced. But had to have wheel bearings, ball joint, and tie-rod replaced. It was an expensive little foray last Tuesday evening.

And CoG, you said you had it pretty bad when you visited the state that evening as well-hope you`re ok too man.

Oh and by the way, we had thunderstorms and tornado warnings in the west part of the state last night, along with minor flooding, then it`s a hi of 37 today. Wow.

8uck5nort

Postby 8uck5nort » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:09 am

If you live in Indiana and don't like the weather just wait five minutes it will change.

Glad to hear your back in business.
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

Return to Indiana