MN Hunters - Goals for the season

Patriot

MN Hunters - Goals for the season

Postby Patriot » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:46 am

Fellow Minnesotans,
What are your hunting goals for the season?

Here are a few of mine...in no particular order:
1.  Have Mrs. Patriot get her first shot at a deer (kill would be bonus).  You may or may not know that this will be her first time ever hunting (bow).

2.  Kill enough deer and obtain enough venison to last my family until next season.

3.  Make small memories with each hunt.  That's the easy part since every hunt is special.

4.  Take my 8.5 year old twins with me at least once each.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

dewey

RE: MN Hunters - Goals for the season

Postby dewey » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:12 am

I have a couple of goals for this upcoming deer season.

1. Harvest a my first buck with my muzzleloader. I just got my muzzleloader last fall and I never had a chance to harvest a deer last year.

2. I would like to harvest a doe or two in the October early antlerless season. I don't need the venison but I know some people that could definetly use it.

3. I am going elk/deer hunting in SW MT for the 1st 2 weeks of Nov and hopefully I can harvest an elk and a mule/whitetail deer out there. A lot to ask for but you gotta aim big.

4. Take my 9 year old nephew out turkey hunting with me this fall and keep building his love for the outdoors and hunting.

Good luck to everyone out there and stay safe.

Dewey
�Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.�

Mahatma Gandhi

nateberly

Postby nateberly » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:32 am

My goals this year:
-Help my cousin get his first deer. It is his second year hunting, he's 15. He put a scope on his 30-30 this year... but it brought him within a couple inches of the target every time this year, so his limit is set to 100 yards compared to 50 yards last year. He is very uneasy about the gutting out part, but we'll do that for him the first couple times.
-Make it a great hunt for one of our hunting party members, he is 87 and still going strong. He helped me track a deer last year, over a mile of walking.
-NOT shoot any yearling bucks or fawns. I would love to take a nice racked buck of course, no high expectations though. There is a HUGE 14 pt. roaming around our area. One can hunt hard and hope.
-Take some pretty pictures of the hunt, maybe try a video with my camera, but that may have to wait 'till i get an actual camcorder.
-Have fun and be safe!

Good luck to all and be safe, and have fun!

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:12 pm

ORIGINAL: Patriot

Fellow Minnesotans,
What are your hunting goals for the season?

Here are a few of mine...in no particular order:
1.  Have Mrs. Patriot get her first shot at a deer (kill would be bonus).  You may or may not know that this will be her first time ever hunting (bow).

2.  Kill enough deer and obtain enough venison to last my family until next season.

3.  Make small memories with each hunt.  That's the easy part since every hunt is special.

4.  Take my 8.5 year old twins with me at least once each.

1.  Not accomplished yet.
2.  1 doe down.  Could use 2 more deer to fill the freezer.
3.  Check
4.  Check.  Bonus hunt...took my 4.5 year old daughter out on opening weekend.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

dewey

Postby dewey » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:29 am

ORIGINAL: dewey

I have a couple of goals for this upcoming deer season.

1. Harvest a my first buck with my muzzleloader. I just got my muzzleloader last fall and I never had a chance to harvest a deer last year.

2. I would like to harvest a doe or two in the October early antlerless season. I don't need the venison but I know some people that could definetly use it.

3. I am going elk/deer hunting in SW MT for the 1st 2 weeks of Nov and hopefully I can harvest an elk and a mule/whitetail deer out there. A lot to ask for but you gotta aim big.

4. Take my 9 year old nephew out turkey hunting with me this fall and keep building his love for the outdoors and hunting.

Good luck to everyone out there and stay safe.

Dewey

1. Anxiously awaiting the season
2. Did not end up going as I spent the weekend studying for my PE (Professional Engineering) test which is Friday October 23rd.
3. The hunting starts November 1st...I have been waiting for this for a year and a half.
4. In the works.
�Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.�

Mahatma Gandhi

Return to Minnesota