moultrie d40 time problem

buckwoodsrecon

moultrie d40 time problem

Postby buckwoodsrecon » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:24 pm

new to the site, found a discussion topic similar to mine, so i joined up to see if mine could be answered. i got a new moultrie d40 trail camera and it takes great pictures. the only problem i have is, a big one. the time seems out of wack and i watched it today, waving my hand over it in the house and it lost about twenty minutes in eight hours, weird, thought digital clocks got rid of the losing time issue.

the 1gig memory card came WITH the camera. i did reformat it once from my laptop, which has the correct time, and i double check the time on the camera and it seems to be the problem. what winds up happening is i see deer pictures that say it's 2 a.m. and it's daylight, and i see deer pictures that say 2 p.m., and it's dark. I know, but it's not the a.m./p.m. setting is wrong to start with, i checked and checked, but that it seems to be losing time until it is reversed on the date stamp..

anybody else have similar issues? i know the d40 does not have the watch battery to take out to reset, does it have any other form of reset?

Remington .270
Moultrie D40 trail camera
125-acre lease
"Looks like a great day for huntin'"

buckhunter21

RE: moultrie d40 time problem

Postby buckhunter21 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:40 pm

I do have the same issue with my D40.  Every time I check it, I have to re-set the time and date.  I feel it's a minor problem, but a problem none-the-less.  I haven't really talked to anyone about it though, but would be curious if anyone else is having this issue, and if they fixed it, how they went about doing so.

Great question....Welcome to the forum!
QDM!

USN_Sam1385

RE: moultrie d40 time problem

Postby USN_Sam1385 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:55 am

I have the D40 as well. I do not THINK I have the problem. But that is not to say that it is not happening. I have never gotten a 2 a.m during the day photo etc. So if mine IS off, it is only by a bit. 

Return to Scouting Cameras