Anybody seeing any action?

smelly

RE: Anybody seeing any action?

Postby smelly » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:04 pm

I saw some nice racks this morning. One had a really really nice rack; she was an 18 year old I think. Gonna try hunting some more tomorrow. Hope to see some nice racks.

Bowhunting Junkie

Postby Bowhunting Junkie » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:56 pm

Smelly I salute you.

fatbob240

Postby fatbob240 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:39 am

I've actually had good luck seeing deer but not such good luck getting the ones I want within range. I've only hunted on the 16th, 17th, 19th and 20th and I've seen nine deer total; SEVEN bucks (five racked bucks) and two does. I think it has something to do with the fact that I promised myself to hold off until I have a chance at a biger buck and let the small ones walk. I think the deer sense that and they're just tempting me....[:D]
Goal: 1 shot= 1 kill

Bowhunting Junkie

Postby Bowhunting Junkie » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:25 am

last night I saw a 4 point chasing a doe all over the 5 acre field I hunt. He was rubbing a tree and on his hind legs trying to get to a licking branch. He was all fired up. While I am watching this show I finally noticed another what I think was a 6 point getting interested in me trying to call the other deer my way. Didn't have a shot on any of them though.

HoneyHole

Postby HoneyHole » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:01 am

I bumped that 8 pointer I'm chasing. I even got to my stand a half hour earlier than usual but he was hanging out in this creek bottom. I don't think he was too alarmed, because my buddy missed him. He said even after he missed the buck just kinda slowly walked off. My bud shot a big bodied 5 pointer yesterday. He got lucky, he hit it high and missed everything except a main artery. It walked 30 yards and dropped. 

drdaven

Postby drdaven » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:20 am

Anyone else frustrated with these lousy East winds?

Who sets a stand anticipating an East wind when the prevailing winds are supposed to be NW.

Between Saturday nights rain and Sundays nights East winds, I was only able to hit the woods in the AM.
Darn near closed the deal on those Tom turkeys that are around on my leased property.  Taking a gun with me the next morning I can get out there.  I'll fix em! [;)]
Hunting the Michigan Thumbs agricultural mecca...farm country bucks taste the best.

HoneyHole

Postby HoneyHole » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:31 am

I have at least one stand on each property that can handle oddball wind directions. I learned a long time ago to plan for SW winds in October. November is mainly NW. I grew up on the sunrise side of the state on Lake Huron. I know about east winds[:@]

fatbob240

Postby fatbob240 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:18 am

I had a buck chasing some does around me on Sunday at 1:00 in the afternoon, oblivious to me and at one point about 25 yards away. Unfortunately I was only scouting and armed with a compass! [:@] Never fails, if I had my bow with me, I'd never have seen them. Looks like they're starting to chase a little early this year.

Bowhunting Junkie

Postby Bowhunting Junkie » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:07 pm

Does anybody have any experience with fawn distress calls. I was thinking about trying. just wondered if anybody had any experience with them.

fatbob240

Postby fatbob240 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:27 am

I took this week off from work and so far I haven't even seen a thing! The weather hasn't helped but still.... Anybody having any luck this week?

PreviousNext

Return to Michigan