New York luck

NYarcher

New York luck

Postby NYarcher » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:28 pm

Sorry I havent posted in a few days. Been real busy between getting out and still trying to finish my honey-do list. lol. Been tough hunts the last few days. Havent seen a whole lot but what I did see was all the worth it. When that storm front moved through here in genesse county saturday afternoon it got plain nasty. 20-25 mph winds with intermitent downpours. At about 6 I had taken enough beating and got ready to get down when a MONSTER stolled out 100 or so yrds down from me. Couldnt count points but it was real high over his head and at least 6 inches beyond his ears on both sides. He was a tank, easy 200 plus pounds. He walked up to within 50 yrds before he disappeared in the brush right at sunset. But this morning I was rewarded in another stand with my biggest to date. A beauty 8-pt. And he put on a good show tearing up a tree 10 yrds in front of me facing me. We had several staredowns but nomatter how hard he tried he could not wind me. So because he knew I was there and that I didnt belong he turned around, I drew, he ran cause he heard me, but he messed up cause he only ran 10 yrds. He stopped behind a tree blocking the front of the vitals so I tried to thread the needle as close to the tree as possible but pulled my shot (The fever and I tried to draw on him earlier getting busted and having to hold it back for over a minute!). I wound up hitting him far back but as luck would have it I cut his femoral artery. He only went 30 yrds. Lucky, lucky, lucky. Hope the rest of you have great luck this season also. And as Eddie put it last year, The beast is dead! lol
Venison - the other red meat

NYarcher

RE: New York luck

Postby NYarcher » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:31 pm

heres a picture of the two of us. hope its to size

NYarcher

Postby NYarcher » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:35 pm

heres one more

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:21 pm

Great looking buck . Congrats !!! [:)]..[:)]
Semper Fi !

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:28 pm

Way to go, Nick! I'll be hunting western New York the first week of gun season, and maybe more depending on whether I score in PA. Save one for me!

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:40 pm

Way to get her done! Congrats...he's a nice looking buck.....

WayneL

Postby WayneL » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:08 am

Nice buck. Congratulations!
WayneL
NY Hunter
Check out my hunting reports, pics and videos at:
http://westchesterbowhunting.wordpress.com

NYarcher

Postby NYarcher » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:10 am

Thank you everyone. He's no monster but he's my monster! lol Great start to the freezer. The stand I shot him from had 10+ scrapes and a few rubs around it. Im pretty sure the main reason I got the opportunity at him was that I would not sit that stand unless the wind was perfect and it wound up paying off. My next mission is to try and get my lady her first. This weekend will be her first out this season due to her recent crazy schedule. Overall not many deer sightings. Alot of standing corn around here. I think that has contributed. Good luck to all. The rut is just around the corner!

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:56 am

awesome buck! congrats!
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:37 pm

NYarcher: ... this morning I was rewarded in another stand with my biggest to date. A beauty 8-pt. And he put on a good show tearing up a tree 10 yrds in front of me facing me.

They really ought to put archery season after gun season ... I'm getting tired of you guys always taking the best bucks. [:@]

That's a nice rack ... are you going to have it mounted?

Next

Return to New York