Dead Down Wind Customer Service

DeanoZ

RE: Dead Down Wind Customer Service

Postby DeanoZ » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:11 am

ORIGINAL: Goose

I agree with the customer service meaning alot. I used ddw last year,soap,shampoo and spray and dont have anything bad to say about it. To me i could smell it though. the spray and shampoo were more noticeable and I figured if I could smell it so could the deer. Dont know if it was just me but I switched to scentkiller this year. Anybodyelse notice this smell?

YES!  I mentioned this in a previous post as well...it does have some sort of after odor, especially if you've had it for a year or so.  I recall using some of the body wash and phew it smelled weird...I figured the same thing you did goose...if I can smell it the deer can too!  I went back to HS Scent Away.

WiredToHunt

Postby WiredToHunt » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:54 pm

Sounds like DDW has worked good for you guys, but I was scared away by a research study done by D & DH. Check this out...

http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/article/the-best-way-to-inhibit-your-scent/

According to this study, Scent Away inhibits the most odor compared to all the major scent eliminating brands and it inhibits almost 4 times as much as DDW!
Wired To Hunt
The Deer Hunting Blog for the Next Generation
http://www.wiredtohunt.com

buckfarmdude

Postby buckfarmdude » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:32 am

The best way to tell if one is better than the other is to take two cotton balls and put doe estrous on both of them. Then use one brand of scent eliminator on one cotton ball, and the other brand on the other cotton ball. I got better results from Primos than I did from Scent-a-way.

I bought my bottle of Primos Silver XP Fresh Earth last year, and is still works like new this year (I still have almost have a bottle left; I bought the big size). I've never had any problem with it molding.
Psalm 42:1 "As the deer pants for the water brooks, So my soul pants for Thee O God."

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:32 am

Very interesting article Wired! Thanks

ORIGINAL: WiredToHunt

Sounds like DDW has worked good for you guys, but I was scared away by a research study done by D & DH. Check this out...

http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/article/the-best-way-to-inhibit-your-scent/

According to this study, Scent Away inhibits the most odor compared to all the major scent eliminating brands and it inhibits almost 4 times as much as DDW!
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:37 am

Great article Wired, thanks for posting it!

In reference to the original post, I'd be a little worried about a scent killer product that could get moldy even if they have great customer service. If the goal of the scent killer is to kill order causing bacteria so you can be as scent free as possible I'd be a little concerned with a scent killer product growing a bacteria (mold).

mnmaverick

Postby mnmaverick » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:26 am

I saw that DDW now has little packets of powder that you mix with water to make more spray. Anybody try them? I figured those might keep it fresh better than buying the big bottle of scent killer. Plus easy to take with you and fill up in a stream.

Previous

Return to Scent Attractants/Scent Eliminators