CVA Electra Muzzleloader

Talk about the best guns and ammunition for deer hunting!
shadow

CVA Electra Muzzleloader

Postby shadow » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:24 pm

I am looking to purchase a muzzleloader, the Electra, by CVA and need to find out a couple things about it first. Now using my sidelock, when I am done hunting for the day, I can discharge the gun by using a CO2 cartridge to push out the powder and bullet, I need to know if I can do the same or something like it with the Electra, or does it need to be actually fired ?  The gun store where I went the people there had no clue. I can call the company, however I felt that asking here first may bring me the answers I need.  Also, if anyone has one, anything good or bad about this gun would be helpfull.

Can I also use pure lead bullets that I make in this gun and have it be accurate, (or even any other new in-line) or do I need to buy sabots? Any help would be appreciated.

Panman1949

RE: CVA Electra Muzzleloader

Postby Panman1949 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:06 pm

Shadow, I am not up on the Electra, but if it has a breech plug like the 209's I just remove it and push the bullet and powder cakes out the rear of the barrel.  Its easier to clean the gun without firing it.  Also, if I intend to hunt all week, I just remove the primer and leave the powder and sabot in.  I have not had a problem with misfires, rust, etc. yet.  In Ohio, an in-line is considered unloaded without a primer so not a problem here.  Show us some pics of what you shoot.  Panman
Be Aware, Bikes are Everywhere!!

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:50 am

I heard in some states the 209 primer is outlawed for muzzle loader seasons. I'd hate to buy it then not get to use it![:@]
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

vambo991

Postby vambo991 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:15 pm

No joke! make sure that electronic ignition is legal in Conn

shadow

Postby shadow » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:00 pm

I'll look into it being legal.

But now, with all the new inlines that are made, am I able to shoot pure lead bullets that I have made in them, or will I need to use only sabots that would need to be bought?

Panman1949

Postby Panman1949 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:40 pm

Not positive, but I don't think you can shoot round balls.  Check with the website to make sure.  Tech support will give the answer.  Sabots should be more accurate though.  Panman
Be Aware, Bikes are Everywhere!!

HoneyHole

Postby HoneyHole » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:18 pm

Has anyone shot one in cold weather yet? I know how almost all electronics don't work so good when it's 0 degrees out. Just curious. 

Return to Guns and Ammo