South Carolina

Derko

RE: South Carolina

Postby Derko » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:04 am

All from a stand We only have 10 members in our club and around 40 stands.  We joined this year and the first thing i did before hunting is to get a good topo map of the area. It showed me the choke points and what i believed to be natural travel coridores. This combined with general observations food in the area and of the deer signs seen while moving into and out of the stands i believe i have the club dialed in and know where to be on any given day. Ofcourse the hunting pressure and weather affects the best made plan.

Jerimy240

Postby Jerimy240 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:24 am

to me stand hunting is more ethical.
Summerville, SC

bslittle14

Postby bslittle14 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:32 am

About two weeks ago I put up a new camera on a corn pile to see what was there.  I hunted that spot four times now and have not seen a deer.  It also looked like my corn pile has not been touched.  I did see some turkeys on it but that is about it.  On saturday I went hunting and about 10 AM I got down and wanted to check the camera.  Low and behold the disc was gone.  We hunt on about 100 acres of private land and there is only two of us that hunt it.  There are some adjacent properties with hunting activity and I am thinking that somebody has pissed on my corn pile.  This kind of stuff happen much?  I know it sure does make me mad and to be honest, I am not sure what I would do if I caught somebody doing that.  Any suggestions of what I can do to catch this bastard?  I was thinking about putting a bear trap at the camera.

Jerimy240

Postby Jerimy240 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:11 pm

I don't know how to tell if they did, but I had a friend who had corn out and the deer haven't touched it. The corn may have human scent on it and that's why. I wouldn't set a trap for the person who stole your disc. You could get put in jail. I would talk to the landowners adjacent to you to find out some more info.
Summerville, SC

Beezer

Postby Beezer » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:53 pm

If your corn is anywhere near oak trees, that's why it's getting ignored. Deer are feeding on other things right now, give it another week or two and they'll start tearing up the corn again.

SPECIALSERVICE

Postby SPECIALSERVICE » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:02 am

NEW MEMBER  Just started back hunting after about 15 years. Decided to be a bow hunter. Jumped in deep water huh.  lol   Got my equip, put out some corn a few weeks ago but not touching it. I assume there on the acorns. Haven't seen any deer since i started hunting. couldn't run them off in the spring. oh well i'll get them coming in just taking longer than i thought. Hunting in chester. wish me luck guys i need it. Oh neighbor killed 4 point 100 yds from me this morning. at least there close.  hahah.

Jerimy240

Postby Jerimy240 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:10 pm

Has anyone seen bucks with does on the coastal side of 95?
Summerville, SC

jtowery

Postby jtowery » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:52 pm

Newbie Deer Hunter @51. Hunt in Georgetown Co by South Santee Road. 2009 was first year to hunt. Harvested two (2) dear 12/20 & 1/1. A small buck and a doe. Other than these two (2) I saw a 4 & an 8, and one more doe. One Gobbler, seven hens, 6 squirls, an owl, and to many doves. Have just about got everything I'll need for the 2010 season. Just picked up a .308 and can't wait to zero it in. Until September.

Previous

Return to South Carolina