Arrow placement on a Big Buck

Vital Information is an educational resource from Deer & Deer Hunting. The CD contains hunting wisdom about shot placement, biology, physiology and ethics. How has it helped your hunt?
JPH

RE: Arrow placement on a Big Buck

Postby JPH » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:49 pm

ORIGINAL: Goose

Thanks for the quote, I know a lot of people who use these heads and this is honestly the first time I have ever heard somebody say that the 2 bladed rage did not open up.

Good discussion, but I will be sticking with the 2 bladed rages for the reasons I have stated above, and because they cant be beat IMO.

X2.

Stickman

Postby Stickman » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:59 pm

I can only speak from my own experience, I have shot 4 deer with a 2 blade rage and had devistating results. Blood trails Ray Charles could follow and had one arrow hit a limb and go through the hind quarters and the deer still blead out within 50 yards. I am not a paid spokesman either but I will continue to use Rage broadheads because I am getting flawless results, but to each his own I guess.

Marc Anthony

Postby Marc Anthony » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:36 pm

Great discussion!

Thanks for the added input.
"A fool learns from his own mistake but a wiseman learns from a fool's mistake "

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:02 am

Back to the oiginal topic, Aim for the same spot you would on any deer.

My personal opinion is put the arrow where it should be put and it doesnt matter what kind of broadhead is attached, the deer is going down.
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

JPH

Postby JPH » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:46 am

ORIGINAL: PrairieShadow

My personal opinion is put the arrow where it should be put and it doesnt matter what kind of broadhead is attached, the deer is going down.

^ true.

Last year a friend of mine, who is an excellent hunter, took a broadhead out of a new package and screwed it on a shaft as he was  leaving his cabin early in the morning. Shortly after sunrise he drilled a large doe in the vitals. He could see the bloody arrow sticking out of the dirt and he heard the deer crash, so he slipped out and went back for a cup of coffee. There on the table were all three of the broadheads that came with the package. The only one missing was the practice head that now comes with may boxes of heads! He looked in his quiver and the practice head was not there. It was covered in blood, 20 yards fromhis stand and the doe was lying dead 80 yards down the trail!!!

NYSupersportsman

Postby NYSupersportsman » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:07 am

I shoot rage 2 blades as well. Along with my 2 good friends that I hunt with. In the last 2 years we have killed 8 deer with rage 2 blades. All deer were recovered within 100 yards most within 50 yards. Granted all shots were heart and lung shots. Its nice to not have to look very hard for the blood trail. Most of the wounds that I have seen have been hyperextended to at least 3 inches. They are a great broadhead in my opinion but I will never knock anyone for shooting something different.

Previous

Return to Vital Information