renzo decoys

howhill1

renzo decoys

Postby howhill1 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:29 am

has anyone ever used renzo decoys. i know some here have and this qeustin may have been answered on another thread and if so forgive me. i bought a renzo decoy the other day because im tired of lugging my full size into the woods anf thought id give the 2-d's a try. my problem is the overwhelming plastic/chemical smell it has. anyone have any advice on ridding it of this?
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

charlie

RE: renzo decoys

Postby charlie » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:08 am

I have one it looks good till you get close it should be ok for gun hunting i never tried for bow. As far as the smell i left mine outside for a couple of days and used cover scent.  Good luck.

3 to 1

RE: renzo decoys

Postby 3 to 1 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:52 pm

I use a renzo buck with points cut down to a 3 pointer. I use it for bow season (not brave enough to use it during gun season). I set it up on a football field size old corn field. I set it up 60yrds or so into the field and to the left of my blind. The deer (buck &does) come in to check it out. When they walk to it, to get a better look, they have to walk past me first. The one thing I did change was the tail. The first few times I had the factory tail on EVERY deer spooked. I use a SCENT FREE white rag for a tail on windy days and a white piece of plasic bag on not so windy days. I also put buck scent out on the ground next to it - not on it. I spay it down with scent killer at the beginning of the season and try to keep it outside out of the rain during the season. I've also had my buck target attacked in the middle of the nite.[&o] I woke up one morning and it was messed up. So, even if your not careful with scent and other stuff, they still can work.

Return to Misc. Accessories