Many New DMP's To Be Issued

mightyfofaad

Many New DMP's To Be Issued

Postby mightyfofaad » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:39 pm

NY Big Game,[/align] [/align]We have begun mailing about 21,000 leftover Deer Management Permits (DMPs) to hunters who were previously denied during the initial application period.  This correction process occurs each year and lets us issue the target number of permits in units where we didn't receive as many applicants as we expected.[/align] [/align]We will also have several Wildlife Management Units with DMPs available on a first-come, first-serve basis beginning Sunday, November 1.  During this extended application period, hunters can apply for up to 2 additional DMPs in these units. [/align] [/align]See http://www.dec.ny.gov/press/59293.html for the full announcement and list of units involved.[/align] [/align]If you are curious about the DMP quota setting and issuance process, you may enjoy reading about it at http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/47743.html[/align] [/align] [/align]Jeremy Hurst[/align]Big Game Biologist[/align]

msbadger

RE: Many New DMP's To Be Issued

Postby msbadger » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:30 pm

Thanks for the info....I'll be calling Walmart to see what time they plan on opening...last year they had coffee and donuts for us early birds...

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:20 am

I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed because I got skunked in the northern zone archery and muzzle loader season.
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:05 am

I picked up two for 8N...they are handing them out like candy...[>:]........I see us looking like 8M soon and no doe tags because they shot too many
So why get more you ask?...Because every year I have to put down wounded deer on our land...and they are used on them..

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:59 pm

I stopped off at Dick's in Henrietta this afternoon and picked up permits for 8H and 8F . I asked the gal if anyone had been refused . She said , "not yet" .
Semper Fi !

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:28 pm

msbadger:
I picked up two for 8N...they are handing them out like candy

-------------------------------------
fasteddie:
I stopped off at Dick's in Henrietta this afternoon and picked up permits for 8H and 8F . I asked the gal if anyone had been refused . She said , "not yet" .

Thank goodness my post turned out well. I was reluctant to post that, figuring ... what if a whole bunch of people take time to go get an extra tag ... & get skunked ... then I'd have a whole bunch of people muttering "that MightyFoFaad, what a sonafabitch."

It's like ... did you ever recommend a restaurant to a friend ... they go, & get a lousy meal? Anyway, I'm happy it turned out well, cause sometimes the state tells you something ... only it ain't exactly what you thought.
[:)]

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:02 pm

No worrys Nov1 is like a holiday around here....We all know where I'll be at 5 a.m. and I get 2 extras every year...This year I hunted and went on Monday...

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:20 pm

Now , if only the deer would cooperate so I could fill some of these tags ! [8|]..[8|]
Semper Fi !

NYarcher

Postby NYarcher » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:13 am

I went to walmart yesterday and got 2 more for 8G. To my knowledge nobody has gotten turned down here yet.
Venison - the other red meat

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:06 am

ORIGINAL: NYarcher

I went to walmart yesterday and got 2 more for 8G. To my knowledge nobody has gotten turned down here yet.

So ... what ... you don't plan on leaving any deer for anyone else? [>:]

Return to New York