Saw a bunch but no shots

fasteddie

RE: Saw a bunch but no shots

Postby fasteddie » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:37 am

Sat out in 36 degree weather this am from 6:30 to 10:30 . Didn't see a thing . I stopped at the Grocery store on the way home . Talked to one of the local fruit farmers . He said the deer had been hitting his apple , peach and cherry trees all summer and that a couple guys have stands on his property but havn't had anything to shoot at yet .
Semper Fi !

msbadger

RE: Saw a bunch but no shots

Postby msbadger » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:35 pm

Well you probably read in the general post what happened the other day...
I went out to decoy at 10a.m. today and tried to grunt and bleat a deer in from a 120 yrds...I thought no deal but a 5pt. circled down hill and around me popping up behind decoy....what a show I really had fun ....then he lowered his head to go in and I had to take the big stick I carry ...just in case and wing it at him...ten yrds out and I hit the back of his neck...Ha ha ha ha ...he nearly turned inside out trying to get away...at 60 yrds he can still see decoy and he's bobbing and stomping weaving and such... then gives an an indignant humph and trots away...I luv the decoy![:D]....It was 12pm then and I decided to take decoy to the house ...pick up climber and go set it up on new land...that done I then head out to opposite side of property for the afternoon...I heard lots of grunts and some movement far off and then a loud burrp! and there is a big doe in the lane way...in the woods is the 8pt that I had gotten the shot on and missed...but she brought him in 50-60 yrds out and head in wrong direction...Btch!...there was no turning him...then a big single doe strolls under a near by stand out in front... 70yrds or so away headed for the plots...at dark two fawns came in...ya ya those I could have shot[&o]
 Well I got home and Mr.B says .."Did you see the big buck eating in the lane way right by the road?"...yes dear unfortunately I did...lol

Previous

Return to New York