Florida Roll Call!

Amandavid47

RE: Florida Roll Call!

Postby Amandavid47 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:29 pm

I live in Crawfordville south of Tallahassee.  I am hunting Flint Rock WMA this year.  Has anyone hunted here before?  Very wet. Lots of sign.  I have only seen 2 spikes and that is it.  It has to be 3 on one side which is good because I am not much into shooting young deer.  Does anyone know about Flint Rock?

Hog hunter

Postby Hog hunter » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:13 am

I'm hunting in Perry Florida with an outfitter. He had 6 bow hunters. Five got bucks 8 points or better. Going to be hunting opening day which is the 14th for rifle. Can shoot a buck and doe

jacannon63

Postby jacannon63 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:44 am

I live in Gulf Breeze . I hunt some up in north Escambia county ,but most of my time is spent in Ala.
Stump sittin since 1981

danowak

Postby danowak » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:15 am

I live in Miami and hunt in the Big Cypress. Mostly with a bow, except for the two weeks of black powder season in October. The rut down here is spread out from July to September usually, with the most activity in mid August, just before the start of bow season. In September on opening day I got a spike. Last year I got a 8 point during the same time. Since I can only take 2 on public land I usually quit after one in September because it is so hot and uncomfortable. Then I come back during gun season.

There is a bow only section called Deep Lake (appropriately named by the way) that has a secondary archery season that coincides with the gun season. I usually have the place where I hunt to myself. Not a lot of bowhunters down here. Went out this past weekend. It was nice and cool, but I didn't see anything. Be back again next weekend, and so on til the end of the year or til I get #2, whichever happens first.
Cogita Tute

fla gator

Postby fla gator » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:00 am

CRESTVIEW HERE !!!!!! but i was raise and born in FWB (VIKING)AND A {SPARTAN) HUNTED ON EGLIN FOR A LONG TIME AND BLACK WATER.MOVE TO GEORGIA FOR 6 YEARS BEEN BACK FOR 3 YEARS.

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:10 am

ORIGINAL: fla gator

CRESTVIEW HERE !!!!!! but i was raise and born in FWB (VIKING)AND A {SPARTAN) HUNTED ON EGLIN FOR A LONG TIME AND BLACK WATER.MOVE TO GEORGIA FOR 6 YEARS BEEN BACK FOR 3 YEARS.

Welcome Fla Gator! My son is 12 and he's a Spartan this year!

Harley

Postby Harley » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:22 am

I'm in Panama City beach. Hunt a 30-40,000 acre lease just north of here. Expensive but a lot cheaper than trying to purchase my own.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:40 am

Welcome Harley!

Thats quite an impressive piece your hunting.

How has your season been so far?

We look forward to reading your reports!
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Harley

Postby Harley » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:35 am

We're on a large piece of land with only 42 hunters. Seeing 3 bucks, a spike, 4 pointer & 8 pointer on the trailcam but ONLY at night. I'm hoping the rut will change some things. Seeing several does, got one the first day of doe season. I'm saving my doe tag for muzzle loader season. Got the first hogs on the trail cam the other night. I was hoping they wouldn't find the food, but sure would like to see one in the daytime!

Tanito

Postby Tanito » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:22 pm

Tallahassee here. First time posting here. I live in the NW zone and I was not brought up with the great sport of hunting but I've been doing it for a couple of years now. I don't own or lease any land and rely strictly on WMA's. I hunt mostly Talquin on the weekends and Appalachicola during the weekdays since it is the closest open for hunting during the weekdays although they run dogs out there so it is extremely hard to see any action out there. I try to watch and read as much as I can because I am still new and don't have a mentor but most of the shows cover private land and such and don't offer much local info so that's why I am here. So far all I have seen is mama black bear with cub and thats it. I've been out quite a bit but not seen much action. Hopefully that will change. I don't use any calls or attractants but I'm looking into trying both to better my chances and hopefully actually see a buck. Haven't harvested my first deer yet, I'm 27. 

PreviousNext

Return to Florida