Bowlegger

DeanoZ

Bowlegger

Postby DeanoZ » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:37 am

Anyone ever use one of these and can speak to the pros/cons?

http://www.getoutdoorshunting.com/bowlegger.shtml

69Viking

RE: Bowlegger

Postby 69Viking » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:08 am

Not sure what it is, I can't get to it form my work computer! I'll take a look tonight if I remember!

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:12 am

basically its a bow holder that you strap on to your lower leg..it has a holster that the bottom cam on your bow slides into

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:38 am

I have not used one, and I dont think that I could.. I just dont see how it would really work, I feel that it would keep falling over and it would be very uncomfterbul.. Im wondering myself now what others have thought or have used them.. Try going to cabelas.com and typing it in. You can read other's reviews that way.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:17 am

Yeah i know what you mean Deercamp...supposedly there is catch or hook that your bow string hooks on to , to keep it from swaying once in the holster.  I was wondering what happens if I want to stand up and turn...the bow would be like a giant radar dish!

harlyjock

Postby harlyjock » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:55 pm

Saw this gadget on the mathewsinc.com website in their multi-media section it did catch my attention because that very morning i lost an opportunity on a 150ish badboy by reaching for my bow on the standard hanger. My big mistake was not getting the bow in hands after a rattling sequence. That said i did some shopping went to ebay and bowhunterssuperstore typed in bow legger and bought it for $18.95 plus shipping it was here in 2 days and it is GREAT! Make sure you specify cam size I shoot large cam bows DXT, Reezin and an Outback they all fit the bottom cam holder and also make sure to use the hook on the inner cable of your compound to give the bow a more upright angle to you while you sit. In this world of 12-13 hundred dollar bows this is the best $20 I ever spent on my favorite hobby, hunting whitetails

Squirrelhawker

Postby Squirrelhawker » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:54 am

I have one and it works really well. The bow can't fall over due to a hook that slips around the cables or string. You can't get a bow any closer or more at the ready IMO.

Unfortunately I can't use mine anymore due to health issues that have forced me to use a draw-loc. I have gone to an E-Z hanger which is cool but hard for me to install sometimes

Return to Misc. Accessories