My Opening day 7 point

Headrush

My Opening day 7 point

Postby Headrush » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:33 pm

Yeah I know its waaay past the opener but I got greedy and instead of waiting for the Big 8 or Big 9 we've seen on this property, I shot this guy at 8:30 when he canme in to my grunt call.

I was hunting a buddy's property for the first time, and when we scouted it out, he had 5 stands and one was at the top end of a gully with a big bowl shape at the top of it. A soybean field to the West followed the edge of the gully, while there was a hll and a bedding area to the East behind me. They had several runs crossing in the bowl of the gully about 20-25 yds below this stand. I grunted twice at around 8:15 or so and I caught a glimpse of him steping down the bank from the field. He came down the bnk and whe he wal;ked into the bottom of the gully where it was all clear I nailed him at 20 yds. You wouldn't believe what this Rage Broadhead did to him. I passed through the left shoulder and broke his right on the opposite side. My PSE is only at 62 lbs! It hit him so hard it nearly knocked him over. he crashed into the bank a few times and broke the arrow, then it was over with him lying in the gully at 35 yds from my stand. Only my second deer with a bow, the other was a buck too about the same size and also a 7 point. Now I'm out to get a nice fat doe and hook a buddy up with something in my Hemlock stand down in Hammondsport tomorrow morning!!!

Good luck everyone!

Headrush

RE: My Opening day 7 point

Postby Headrush » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:37 pm

Holy Cow that photo came out HUGE! Let me know how to avoid that if you can please.

Heres a better photo. Sorry he's all bloody. Didn't have anything handy to clean him up with. I usually like to take care of that before pictures

Headrush

Postby Headrush » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:44 pm

heres a shot of the entry hole. I am using last year's Rage 2Blade which I thingk was 1 3/4" not they're 2 inches o so.. anyway this thing is nasty, and I think I'll continue to buy them if they perform like this one did.

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:09 pm

clear pics for sure love the bloody arrow in the quiver,not a bad way to start the season
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:47 pm

Congrats on your buck ! I'm from wayne County also (Ontario) .
Semper Fi !

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:34 am

Congrats!! (This thread made me want to eat venison and drink beer)
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

Headrush

Postby Headrush » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:05 pm

yepper I threw the tenderloins into the marinade that night and ate them a couple days later.

YUMMMM!

Return to New York