POST pics here Love to All MO hunter success stories

wolfcliff

POST pics here Love to All MO hunter success stories

Postby wolfcliff » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:39 am

Been a banner year for all our gruop in Morgan county
I arrowed nice 10pt ( finally got a pope & Young ) Wed Vets day and the guys have ALL been successfull with gun season :-)

wolfcliff

RE: POST pics here Love to All MO hunter success stories

Postby wolfcliff » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:41 am

Picture 10pt Vets day

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:45 am

Great looking deer. Congratulations.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

wolfcliff

Postby wolfcliff » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:58 am

Better pic on vets day morgan county oats and winter peas :-)

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:25 am

Did you get a weight on that guy, he looks to have a little bit of size to him.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

wolfcliff

Postby wolfcliff » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:52 am

No do you have a guess on that or the score it will bring after drying period? I have been told by the taxidermy guy that it will make Pope & Young easy :-)
Thanks , cliff

ILBowhunter

Postby ILBowhunter » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:14 am

I would guess the buck would gross about 138-140, and have a net score of 135-137.  Seems very symmetrical, so there will be few deductions.

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:07 am

If I were to make a guess, I'd score him at 132. Figuring 40 inches of main beam, 32 inches for the 8 circumference points, 16 inch inside spread, and 44 inches for the 8 tines. (I guessed the tines were - brow tines = 4, G-2's = 6, G-3's =8 and G-4's = 4).

Any which way you look at it, he's a great bow kill and one to be very proud of.
Aldo Leopold

bass13days

Postby bass13days » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:46 am

im hunting public grounds about an hour west of st louis. i went out halloween weekend and spooked a big buck turkey hunting, so i went back to the same area the next weekend on sat nov 6th and seen tremendous rut activity. i had 2 2x2's come up behind me at about 10:30. they got about 15 yds behind me and spooked and ran off, around noon i had to take a piss, so i lowered my bow and sure enuff i had a doe come in with a shooter buck at 40 yds with my bow on the ground. i was able to raise my bow, nock and trigger up, had the buck at 35 yds full draw and couldnt get the shot. aint that some shit. than right at dark i had a button chasing a doe that came within 5 yds under my stand. overall a great day for deer activity. went back the next day on sunday, very windy didnt see one deer. couldnt hunt monday, so on tuesday the 9th i played hooky from work, was in my stand at 6, had a nice small buck come in about 7am, and im glad i let him pass because i had a monster 9 pointer come into 15 yds from my stand, i stopped him, put the arrow in him. he ran barley 50 yds and dropped. this was my 1st buck. i just new i had to be in the woods that day. screw work. i think he was the buck i spooked Halloween weekend, and the buck i had at full draw on sat nov 6th. the 3rd time i seen him, he came home with me. hes a straight 8 with a split g2, 3 1/2 year old, big body, havent scored him yet. overall a great 1st buck. im very happy. hes definatly going on my wall. those several days taught me alot about the rut. this is my 2nd year deer hunting. im already ready for next november haha. didnt make it out opening rifle day but i heard from others it sounded like a war zone where i hunt. ive been out several time since the 13th and havent seen 1 deer. good luck yall

Ray tucker

USN_Sam1385

Postby USN_Sam1385 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:36 am

My Nov. 18th Firearm Buck. Rough scored right around 130", and weight close to 200 lb.

Euro'd him myself and mounted to piece of drift wood. I am hunting St. Charles county, almost in Defiance. (Wine country.)

Return to Missouri