2010 Almanac

djohns13

2010 Almanac

Postby djohns13 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:57 am

I just finished my cover to cover reading of D&DH's 2010 Almanac. I was impressed as always. I thought the book had a real good mix of hunting stories, how to articles and scentific data. I was particularly interested in the article explaining carrying capacity. Unfortunately, in the past I have tried to keep the deer population at the maximum carrying capacity so that I would see more deer. Now I understand why I see a lot of small deer and not the bruisers that I was hoping for. I thought the article did a great job of explaining why the population needs to be at a point less than the carrying capacity. Now I know.

Pick up a copy if you get the chance. I think it is a very informative and enjoyable read.
Darren Johnson
Internet Pro Staff Member - Indiana

Glad to talk to all of you, but I'd rather be sitting in a tree stand on a cool morning trying not to move so that the bruiser buck directly below me doesn't figure out that I am watching him!

eagle eye

RE: 2010 Almanac

Postby eagle eye » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:13 am

This is a great resource that effectively mixes practical knowledge, personal stories and geographical specific information. It was a pleasure to read and very informative. I will use quite a bit of the information in this publication and am already looking forward to next years issue.
John Wojtas
Enjoying the moment and always striving to enhance our hunting heritage

shaman

Postby shaman » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:01 am

I gave a copy to each of my kids to keep them occupied on the stand.  There is a bunch of good stuff in it.  Angus especially liked JPH's article.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

WiredToHunt

Postby WiredToHunt » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:51 pm

The 2010 Deer Hunter's Almanac is an awesome resource. I read it on airplane flights and day long sits in the deer stand. Great content, compact package, awesome price. Can't beat that. I'd highly recommend it and I especially think it would be a great stocking stuffer. For my full review, check out Book Review: 2010 Deer Hunter's Almanac on Wired To Hunt.
Wired To Hunt
The Deer Hunting Blog for the Next Generation
http://www.wiredtohunt.com

scotman

Postby scotman » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:54 am

I just received mine in the mail yesterday. I agree wiredtohunt it is chocked full of information.
"The deerskin rug on our study floor, the buck's head over the fireplace, what are these after all but the keys which have unlocked enchanted doors, and granted us not only health and vigor, but a fresh and fairer vision of existence" -Paul. Brandreth

Return to Books/DVDs/Magazines