RUTTING MOOOOOOOOON!!!!

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
buckhunter21

RUTTING MOOOOOOOOON!!!!

Postby buckhunter21 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:41 pm

Well, I believe today is the Rutting Moon...On that note I wish you all a Happy Rutting Moon and good luck hunting!  Can't wait to hit it this weekend...

I also wanted to add that with the rutting moon happening tonight, what is everyone's favorite and fondest hunting memory?

Mine would have to be not about shooting the biggest buck, but rather being able to spend the opening weekend of the WI gun season hunting with my father.  I grew up on a hobby farm so my father has always been outside doing something...Either puttng up crops or helping the neighboring farmers, to custom combining and round baling, he may not always have the time to go hunting, but opening weekend of the WI gun season is our time together.  It has been this way ever since I was about 9 years old, and became even sweeter when I first started hunting when I was 12.  I have always put him first and tried to put him in the best stand possible...Having him shoot that big buck would mean 100 times more to me than if it was me.  With the WI gun season on the horizon coming up next weekend on the 22nd, you can see that my mind isn't dreaming about that big buck, but rather looking forward to spending quality time with my pops...

PrairieShadow

RE: RUTTING MOOOOOOOOON!!!!

Postby PrairieShadow » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:43 pm

Dont worry- ill be at a football game this weekend[8|][8|]
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

Return to General Discussions