Leverevolution ammo

Talk about the best guns and ammunition for deer hunting!
Robert Rowland

Leverevolution ammo

Postby Robert Rowland » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:11 pm

Has anyone used the Leverevolution rounds? Are they everything they say they are?

hunter480

RE: Leverevolution ammo

Postby hunter480 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:27 am

I`ve looking for it on the shelves in the Indianapolis area, and have yet to find it. I`m dying to get the .44 mag amo-I bought a Winchester 94 in .44 mag, just as the Indiana DNR was passing a measure to allow the use of Pistol Cartridge Rifles, (PCR`s) in the state.

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:55 pm

i use it in 30/30 for my marlin and im very happy with it.
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

paulie

Postby paulie » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:23 am

ORIGINAL: hunter480

I`ve looking for it on the shelves in the Indianapolis area, and have yet to find it. I`m dying to get the .44 mag amo-I bought a Winchester 94 in .44 mag, just as the Indiana DNR was passing a measure to allow the use of Pistol Cartridge Rifles, (PCR`s) in the state.
       www.Cabelas.com.   $18 for a box of 20.

Broken Arrow

Postby Broken Arrow » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:33 am

I used this ammo 2 years ago in my 30-30.  I shot a small doe as it ran by my stand at about 10 yards.  I hit it once right behind the front shoulder and once in the front shoulder.  The bullets hit about 3 inches apart. The deer ran 30 yards before it fell and required a third shot to kill.  Last year I shot a 10 pointer with a 20 in. spread that field dressed at 205 lbs.  I was using my Marlin Guide gun in 45/70.  The deer was standing at 30 yards angling toward me.  I hit him in the front shoulder and the bullet exited 3 inches behind the off shoulder.  The deer ran 40 yards then crawled another 30 yards before he stopped.  Now I know thats not far but I figured the 45/70 would have turned him into steaks upon impact.  In both cases you couldn't tell the difference between the entrance and exit wounds.  It looked like I shot them with an arrow with fieldpoints.  I will not use this ammo again especaily on anything that could eat me.
Happy Hunting-

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:20 am

I'm not sure but I think Broken Arrow's bad review is based on his up close shots.  The LeveRevolution was designed to help 30-30 users expand the distance of their shots.  A 10 yard shot is going to go through pretty clean with most smaller rounds that travel at more than 2400 fps.  If that round hits vitals though the deer isn't going more than 30 yards and I have experienced it.  Now I don't have a 45/70 guide gun so I can't explain what happened there. 

I started using LeveRevolution 3 years ago in my Marlin 30-30 so I had the option of a longer shot if I needed to take it.  I won't use anything but LeveRevolution after my experience.  I've shot 3 deer with it and none have gone more than 20 yards.  My best shot was a 6 point buck at 175 yards, he dropped without taking a single step after a 30-30 LeveRevolution slug went through his heart.  Just being able to take 200+ yard shots with a 30-30 is awesome!  It's certainly worth giving it a try!

Broken Arrow

Postby Broken Arrow » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:08 am

I didn't realize that the closer shots could produce these results.  The place that I hunt is pretty thick so the farthest shot I could take is about 50 yards.  This is why I love the Marlin Guide gun. I put a ghost ring sight on it so it's a great short range brush gun.  I think I'll choose a different shell since I don't need the long range accuracy and a short tracking job would save me time crawling through thorns on a blood trail.  If anyone has a suggestion of different ammo for my situation I would appreciate it.  I did spend alot of time at the range and I can say the Leverevolution is very accurate.  I could easily put 3 shots in a 8" circle at 100 yards with my 30-30 or the 45/70. 
Any advice would be appriciated.
Happy Hunting 

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:35 am

Broken Arrow I would try the Remington Core Lokt, they are designed to mushroom on contact and should provide you the bigger hole at close range you are looking for.  Good luck out there! 

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:10 am

ORIGINAL: 69Viking

Broken Arrow I would try the Remington Core Lokt, they are designed to mushroom on contact and should provide you the bigger hole at close range you are looking for.  Good luck out there! 
i agree
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Broken Arrow

Postby Broken Arrow » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:31 pm

Thanks for your help, I'm going to buy a couple boxes and start shooting this weekend.

Next

Return to Guns and Ammo