Do you wear camo outside of hunting?

Ohio farms

RE: Do you wear camo outside of hunting?

Postby Ohio farms » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:29 am

The only camo I own is for hunting, so I keep it seperate from the rest.  There is nothing wrong about doing it, I just don't
What about wearing "hunter orange" ??

dalek

Postby dalek » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:54 am

I wear camo just about everywhere i go - everyone that know me knows that camo is my color - haha - go on out and drop the hammer on a ole snort wheezin' buck grutin' animal this week.

bowhunter8

Postby bowhunter8 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:35 am

I'll wear some, even to social things except when I know a particular person or two will be around. They actually aren't trying to be offensive. It just comes to them naturally. [8D]

I've got a couple of nice shirts with just some camo trim I'm very proud to wear.

My clothing I currently use for hunting almost never is on outside the hunting woods. My 'retired' rain gear gets out in public the most often lately 'cause it's been wet.

Wild Bill

Postby Wild Bill » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:12 pm

I daily wear a Swiss Army camo cap. Does that make me a neutral?

Actually I get a lot of compliments from women who like it. I wouldn't compare the action to wearing "AXE", but I like it.

AlleganBowhunter

Postby AlleganBowhunter » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:17 pm

I have a few shirts I don't hunt in that I wear.  My hats rotate between my Detroit Red Wings hat, a camo hat, or my Michigan Bow Hunters hat.  I even have a camo cowboy hat I wear on occasion.  [:)]

I am glad no one seems to care what the antis think.  Maybe it goes with out mentioning, but I was surprised no one has brought up negative impression on non hunters.  I am referring to wearing camo or decals on your car/truck and your actions.   Example would be acting obnoxious or cutting someone off, while proudly displaying that your a hunter.   Just something to think about.  Personally I drive like a grandpa anyway.  I also don't buy beer when I am wearing camo... why?  Its one of those things... hunters seem to have a drunk redneck view by many and I don't like to add to that image. 

To each there own. Hope everyone has a safe and successful deer season!
Aim for the center of the target... the center of an aspirin is the same size as the center of a basketball. The difference is mental.

John in Michigan.

nhdeerchaser

Postby nhdeerchaser » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:16 am

No. My camo is for hunting. As far as older camo goes, I wear it into the woods until it is worn out, then I chuck it.
Like many have said, it's just to expensive to have to replace.

Mike
You can't kill'em sittin' on the couch!

Stickman

Postby Stickman » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:49 pm

I only wear camo when I hunt, otherwise you will not catch me in camo. Could be that I spent 8 years in the active army, that could have something to do with it. If you had to wear camo 365 for 8 years, it would not be your favorite color either.

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:19 am

GO WINGS!!!!

ORIGINAL: AlleganBowhunter

I have a few shirts I don't hunt in that I wear.  My hats rotate between my Detroit Red Wings hat, a camo hat, or my Michigan Bow Hunters hat.  I even have a camo cowboy hat I wear on occasion.  [:)]

I am glad no one seems to care what the antis think.  Maybe it goes with out mentioning, but I was surprised no one has brought up negative impression on non hunters.  I am referring to wearing camo or decals on your car/truck and your actions.   Example would be acting obnoxious or cutting someone off, while proudly displaying that your a hunter.   Just something to think about.  Personally I drive like a grandpa anyway.  I also don't buy beer when I am wearing camo... why?  Its one of those things... hunters seem to have a drunk redneck view by many and I don't like to add to that image. 

To each there own. Hope everyone has a safe and successful deer season!
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

kellory

Re: Do you wear camo outside of hunting?

Postby kellory » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:36 pm

I rarely wear camo in public, but I do proudly wear Buck Wear shirts in public, bow hunter belt and camo ballcap as needed. If it is nasty wet out I will have my back up camo boots on. But my coats, pants and shirts are mainly hunting only, due to costs.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Wanderer

Re: Do you wear camo outside of hunting?

Postby Wanderer » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:27 pm

A buddy of mine from Alabama had a "Camo Wedding" back in 2006. Notice the shotgun shell in the center of the bride's bouquet. I believe that's carrying it further than I'd care to go.
Pete&Nancy.jpg
Pete&Nancy.jpg (79.34 KiB) Viewed 2711 times

PreviousNext

Return to Clothing