Shot a buck today

nysboss

Shot a buck today

Postby nysboss » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:01 am

Just thought I would let everyone know that I had a successful hunt today. Shot a 7 point 130lb deer. Pics and story soon to come. Good luck to everyone.

nysboss

RE: Shot a buck today

Postby nysboss » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:18 am

So here is the up and up on this guy. I went out and hunted with my cousin in the am across the street from my house. It was a cold and windy start to the morning. I didn't see much moving real early. Around 730 I had a doe at 80 yards moving through the woods, but it was too thick and I don't feel comfortable taking that long a shot with a shotgun, not to mention the brush. My cousin was cold and wanted to go for a little walk before he had to be back to work on a project. Didn't see a thing. around 830 I sent him off and I was back in the woods, this time, behind my house. I went to my dads tree stand to sit for a bit and finish what was left of my coffee. I sat for a half hour and was getting antsy. I picked up my pack and grabbed my gun and just was about to step down. I turned my head just a little and caught a buck rubbing a tree 25 yards away out of my peripheral. He was coming into a scrape that was only 10 ft from the stand. He came out for a perfect 20 yard broadside shot and I dropped him in his tracks. It was one of those mornings when you feel like you just might get one.

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:53 am

Congrats on your deer . Nice going ..........
Semper Fi !

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:14 pm

ORIGINAL: nysboss

.... It was one of those mornings when you feel like you just might get one.

Once in a while I have one of those mornings -- and sometimes on those mornings I actually do get one!

Welcome to the D&DH forums, nysboss. Nice deer.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:50 am

nice buck congrats
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Return to New York