Any luck with the Bow?

GTOHunter

RE: Any luck with the Bow?

Postby GTOHunter » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:19 pm

I've been Bow Hunting a lot since Sept 15 here in Missouri...it started out pretty slow but now since its getting colder and closer to the Rut I have been seeing more Doe's moving around and in my Food Plots.I haven't had one close enough for a shot but for right now I'm hoping the Doe's will draw the Bucks in since I'm after a very nice 10-Point Buck that has been pretty well nocturnal on our Farm...hopefully he will mess up and start to chase the Does so I get a shot at him!I took my youngest Daughter on the Youth Hunt Oct 31-Nov 1 weekend and we saw 4 Deer all together over the 2 days of Hunting but she didn't get a shot at any of them so I plan on taking her again in the evenings during our regular Rifle Season and on the 2nd Youth Deer Hunt in January!

Everyone I have talked to say that the Bucks are starting to chase the Doe's around and the Rut is starting to kick in around here so it can only get better from here on! [:D]

mb915

Postby mb915 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:24 am

Got my first deer with a bow on 11/11/09.  8 pointer with a 15 inch spread.  Not a monster, but a trophy to me since its my first bow kill.

kabrevcus

Postby kabrevcus » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:41 am

MB915, where were you hunting? Shen. Valley?
I just finished up gun season in Zepp, took a small 6 point....we planted some clover in the off season at our place that seems to have helped bring more deer in, but cant see a big difference in size yet. Hopefully next year. You going to hunt anymore in the valley this year, black powder, etc?
"Lets get this straight. If anyone around here is going to do any stealing, its going to be me!"
-Granpa Kabrevcus

mb915

Postby mb915 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:03 am

kabrevcus,

This buck was shot in pa.  Go up there for a few days of archery season each year. 

My hunting in the NF of va this year was not that great.  I saw only one buck this year, a little spike back in october, off of zepp rd.  Saw plenty of does all season long, but always out of range of my bow, then in gun season saw them everytime I was hunting, except the last saturday when the NF had a doe day go figure.  Found it strange that I saw so many does and there was never a buck with them.  Last day of the gun season, two really nice eight pointers where shot off the NF on fairmont drive.

kabrevcus

Postby kabrevcus » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:51 am

MB915, Were you hunting up there off Fairmont? I've driven up there a couple times just doing a "spin" of the village....always seen so many vehicles it looked like a parking lot at a mall.
did you see the deer hanging, or just word of mouth? 125+ deer?
"Lets get this straight. If anyone around here is going to do any stealing, its going to be me!"
-Granpa Kabrevcus

Previous

Return to Pennsylvania