OK Instructor Refuses to Teach Obama Supporter

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
USN_Sam1385

RE: OK Instructor Refuses to Teach Obama Supporter

Postby USN_Sam1385 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:43 pm

I think political affiliations, opinions, etc. should ALL take a backseat to a grandson and his aging grandfather. Time is a very precious thing. This Grandson, if given the oppurtunity to hunt with his grandfather, will make priceless memories. Each and every one of us is only given a certain amount of time. If a few hours of that precious time is spent with his grandfather, AMEN! NOONE should get in the way of that, and ANY parent, responsible adult, or decent human being would not do that to a child. 

berudd

Postby berudd » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:10 pm

ORIGINAL: lonlon

No matter what side you take we still live in the best country in the world, we also have the oldest form of government, been around longer than anybody else!

I'll buy the best country part but not sure I can for the oldest form of government. Democracy as a concepct would be predated by monocharies and various forms of dictatoryship. Some my claim the US has the currently longest running government but there are likely many counter claims. The British parliment was establish in 1706 and many would claim that San Marino can make the claim with a government dating back to 301 AD and a constituation dating back to 1600. Sure, they endured a few occupations along the way but if that throws them out of the running the you might have to claim that so does our one Civil War. Others might make the claim that we did not enjoy true democracy until we recognized that ALL Americans, including women and minorities, did infact have the right to vote.

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:47 pm

ORIGINAL: berudd

ORIGINAL: lonlon

No matter what side you take we still live in the best country in the world, we also have the oldest form of government, been around longer than anybody else!

I'll buy the best country part but not sure I can for the oldest form of government. Democracy as a concepct would be predated by monocharies and various forms of dictatoryship. Some my claim the US has the currently longest running government but there are likely many counter claims. The British parliment was establish in 1706 and many would claim that San Marino can make the claim with a government dating back to 301 AD and a constituation dating back to 1600. Sure, they endured a few occupations along the way but if that throws them out of the running the you might have to claim that so does our one Civil War. Others might make the claim that we did not enjoy true democracy until we recognized that ALL Americans, including women and minorities, did infact have the right to vote.

Challenger

Postby Challenger » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:11 pm

ORIGINAL: deerhunter713

While I agree the kid shouldn't have to suffer due to the political affiliation of the parent, hunter safety instruction is generally a volunteer activity and if the instuctor didn't want to volunteer his time to teach liberals...then I guess it is well within his right to choose that. 

By the way, what's the story with your avatar? Did the Beagle injure himself, and the Raccoon is pushing him to Mount Sinai Hospital?
There are none so blind as those who will not see. Jonathan Swift, 1738

NRA Life Member

crazybull

Postby crazybull » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:14 pm

I think the instructor missed a golden opportunity to demonstrate the pro gun/hunting communities position.  If he had the proper attitude that not only would have produced another young hunter (something our sport needs) but possibly a new pro gun/hunting voter.  God bless my wife she was an Obama support also but I still let her sleep in the bed (however after much thought).

Fear the government that fears your gun!

osceolaslayer

Postby osceolaslayer » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:29 pm

I'm with crazybull, could have been an awesome opportunity to teach true the true character of the hunting community, although it's still pretty cool and somewhat funnny.
OSCEOLA SLAYER
DEERFEAR.COM

MRHunter

Postby MRHunter » Mon May 03, 2010 7:10 am

There is no room for politics when teaching a hunters safety course. It is ashame that this kid and grandfather had to endure this. Hunting is about building relationships with family and friends and learning about the wildlife around us. Unfortunately, actions like this cast hunters in general in a bad light. We already have to defend hunting to the non-hunting community that would like to see it abolished. This just makes it worse.

I hope this kid and his grandfather were able to get there licenses and enjoy hunting together.

Previous

Return to Breaking News