Best of luck on the NY opener

fasteddie

RE: Best of luck on the NY opener

Postby fasteddie » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:52 pm

Nice buck ............ I was in my blind at 6 am in Geneseo and was seeing nothing . I did a walk about and jumped two doe in a high grass swampy area but no shot . About noon I went to my car for some coffee and granola bars . Was back in the blind by 1 pm . Didn't see a thing the rest of the day . I didn't hear an awful lot of shooting ..........Bummer !
My oldest son was at his property in Italy Valley (south of Potter) and shot a buck and a doe and a doe at 8 am .
Semper Fi !

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:39 pm

ORIGINAL: Everyday Hunter

It's a Leupold 1½ - 4 x 20, Apparently my tendency is to lean into it, coming to the short end of the eyebox. I wouldn't make a very good boxer.

Maybe I can PhotoShoppe that out.

That's funny ... I was so mesmerized by that beautiful buck, I hadn't noticed your war wound. That's easy to airbrush out, but I wouldn't really worry about it, it gives your face a little more character. [:)]

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:30 am

ORIGINAL: mightyfofaad

[size="2"]That's funny ... I was so mesmerized by that beautiful buck, I hadn't noticed your war wound. That's easy to airbrush out, but I wouldn't really worry about it, it gives your face a little more character. [/size][:)]

For character, I need only one scar, not four! It's getting a little old.

The first one in the 2008 fall turkey season was enough. It was a doozy! First time I ever left a blood trail in the woods. I even had little bluebirds flying round-and-round my head.

Yesterday's punch wasn't such a knock-out. I only said, "Nuts!" and felt for blood. At least I don't flinch when I shoot -- only when the scope hits me.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:06 pm

Congrats Steve, awesome buck!

NYSupersportsman

Postby NYSupersportsman » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:17 am

Nice Buck Steve!! I didnt see any bucks this weekend. I hunted a full day on sat and a few hours in the morning on sunday. I saw a total of 17 deer. All does and buck fawns. I only have a buck tag so I didnt shoot. There were alot of hunters and alot of shots fired all around me. Pretty fun weekend. I hope I can run into a buck soon. A friend told me yesterday that I can have one of his doe tags this weekend when I go back home to hunt. So at least one of those does I saw is in trouble. Good luck to everyone out there. Be careful and have fun!!

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:20 pm

Thanks, Nick.

I was out yesterday afternoon in the Chautauqua County land on the border, at the canoe launch in the Conewango. I didn't see anything. Today I was farther west in a state forest in town of Busti. I saw one deer at a distance. I think it was a buck, but it was way too far for a shot anyway. There was lots of sign, some scrapes, rubs, and lots of tracks. There should be some deer there. I heard that someone got a 15-point Saturday somewhere near the Audubon.

I hope I can fill my doe tag this week, because once Pennsylvania starts I'd like to focus closer to home.

Hope you get a big one.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:41 am

Congrats ...nice buck,,,,might consider getting a rubber eye receptacle for that scope...[;)][:D]

WayneL

Postby WayneL » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:56 am

Nice buck. and don't worry about the scar, I hear chicks dig 'em.
WayneL
NY Hunter
Check out my hunting reports, pics and videos at:
http://westchesterbowhunting.wordpress.com

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:35 pm

ORIGINAL: WayneL

Nice buck. and don't worry about the scar, I hear chicks dig 'em.

Maybe you're right. A chic took the picture. Image

Steve

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:47 am

nice buck steve
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

PreviousNext

Return to New York