Tripods or Stand Alones

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
bad faulkner

Tripods or Stand Alones

Postby bad faulkner » Fri May 09, 2008 4:00 am

Got a block in a hunting club all to myself with over 100 acres of young pine with dense undergrowth.  None of the trees are suitable for a ladder stand or a hang on or climber but I'm sure this is deer heaven due to the tracks leading in and out of this thick stuff.

Hunting from the ground is not an option for safety reasons in our flat land coastal region.  This is an agreement in our club rules. 

So, I need a stand alone or tripod type setup on the edge of these new pines and the older stands of pines and I don't want to spend a lot of money.  And I don't want to build a box blind.

Do any of you folks know of a less expensive tripod?

Or do any of you have a homemade stand alone perch idea that you've used?

Robert Rowland

RE: Tripods or Stand Alones

Postby Robert Rowland » Fri May 09, 2008 3:39 pm

Go to www.rogerssportinggoods.com
Best prices around. You can get a decent tripod for under $200

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Fri May 09, 2008 4:39 pm

sorry but i did see something at gander mt store that was for building your  own.they were brackets that wood slid into then you added the platform.might be one way to go
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:20 pm

I'm looking at buying at least one possibly two tri-pod stands for next year.  Does anyone here have any ideas of some nice ones?  Most of the ones I see are 10-13'...I'd like to get up a little higher 15-20' preferably. 

Thanks!
QDM!

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:18 am

[url=http://forum.deeranddeerhunting.com/www.sportsmaendguide.com]1
[/url]

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:23 am

The Sportsmen Guide has a lot of stands...good prices and you can search and find shipping coupons......
sorry about last post....it kept coming out as a link and I couldn't reset it?

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:04 am

We have a couple of the 10 foot tall shooting towers with the blinds on top.  Not quite a tri-pod, but similar. 

Not the best for bow hunting, but OK for gun hunting and the blinds provide protection from the wind/rain.

I'd prefer taller than 10 feet.  I haven't seen any tripods that go as high as 20 feet, 13-15 would probably be plenty in the area I hunt.

I'm considering a tripod as well - looking for something with a decent sized platform so I can stand when I shoot my bow.  Just don't like to do it sitting down, nor do I practice enough with it that way to be ethical with a shot.

“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:41 am

Just bringing this back up again since we're getting close to another season here in 2010! :)  Any new info on tripod stands would be greatly appreciated!  The only ones I've found to be somewhat to my liking are the Big Game Tripods.  Anyone else with some good, useful info?
QDM!

bowman12

Postby bowman12 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:53 am

I've been looking for a good tripod stand for a few weeks online and haven't had too much luck. It's really a limited selection. After not finding anything that will go high enough, one was 16 feet which would be adequate but a little more than I want to spend, I think I'm going to sink in a telephone pole 4 feet and lean a ladder stand against it. I thought about putting a portable up on the pole but I don't think that'd be safe enough. I'm going to keep looking for a tripod but may have to go with the pole and ladder.
I like the summit tripods, they look well built and of good design, but they are just too short for the spot I need it.
Strongbuilt also had a 16 foot but it was a bit pricey.

tcicon

Postby tcicon » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:59 am

Try looking at Ameristep!

Next

Return to Tree Stands