Thompson Center Encore

HiddenHornsRanch

Thompson Center Encore

Postby HiddenHornsRanch » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:02 am

I am looing to buy a TC Encore, and was wondering if anyone else has one, and if you do do you consider a good buy??? Are there any ups/downs to it???
KINGSVILLE A&M JAVELINA

passin through

RE: Thompson Center Encore

Postby passin through » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:47 am

I love mine....All I have is the ML loader barrel right now but plan on adding a 308 to the line up.  My only recommendation would be get the pro hunter since it has the speed breach.  Other than that --- I don't know on $  --- Mine was given to me as a sales bonus and I know the old boss paid dealer cost for it.  less than 500 i think but that was 3 years ago.  The pro hunter I haven't seen below 700 on the shelf.---- get you one though---- you will love it!

HiddenHornsRanch

RE: Thompson Center Encore

Postby HiddenHornsRanch » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:38 pm

Thanks passin through, I been looking to get one for  a while, and now I decided and saved money to finally get one!
KINGSVILLE A&M JAVELINA

joe12180

Re: Thompson Center Encore

Postby joe12180 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:52 pm

I love mine. Check out Match Grade Machine for your barrel, my rifle barrel is from MGM. MGM barrels are much nicer. My muzzle barrel, stock and frame are from TC. Also check Mike Bellm for trigger jobs and other tune ups.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:51 am

I'm a little late to this particular thread; but I love mine. I have one in .308 with the advantage camo pattern and stainless barrel. It has become my go to rifle for deer hunting when I'm in a tree stand. Every deer I killed this past season with it was with a neck shot at distances from less than 40 yards up to 180 yards, and I only use Winchester 150 grain power point ammo. For years my Ruger model 77 in .308 was my first choice, but now after two seasons with my Encore I have to say that the lightweight, shorter length and accuracy have made it my favorite deer rifle. Mine is topped with an older Simmons Aetec scope and the combination works perfectly for me, whether I'm hunting in the early morning, mid day, or late afternoon/early evening.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

hunter4life

Postby hunter4life » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:06 pm

Does any one have a tompson center demention? Looking for pros and cons?

Return to Rifles