puter locking up

Tips and tricks for using this forum
RubyCreekHunter

puter locking up

Postby RubyCreekHunter » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:06 pm

Hello,
Anyone else having there computer lock up from visiting this forum? Mine does every time! It could be right away or after reading many posts,but it always locks up(hour glass and progress bar stalls).
I belong to another forum http://www.microchip.com/forums/default.aspx? that uses this same forum software(ASP Playground?) and have no problems there...nor do i have problems anywhere else on the net...just here[:o].
Do i somehow have a virus or spyware only associated with this site?
Anyone computer literate enough[;)] to help?

Thanks in advance. 
RubyCreekHunter

bobow

RE: puter locking up

Postby bobow » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:32 am

[size="2"][font="verdana"]The only trouble I had was yesterday when I got "service unavailable" when I tried to log in to the forums.  I even went to the homepage to try to get in from that link and no luck.

I am no computer guru but make sure you have all the updates if you are using a PC.

Also make sure you have your virus program with the latest updates.

One last thought, try a different browser?
[/font][/size]
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

RubyCreekHunter

Postby RubyCreekHunter » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:03 am

Greetings bobow, and thanks for the reply.
I`ve never had "service unavailable"...I`m always able to log in.
I also am up to date on virus protection (windows defender,microsoft security essentials, and McAfee from comcast), none of them ever detected anything...
 Different browser sounds like a good idea...i`ve never used one, but i guess i`ll give it a try...maybe Firefox?
Wish i new if this is possible-
Do i somehow have a virus or spyware only associated with this site?

Thanks again

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:05 am

I use Windows Explorer and have no problems .I tried Mozilla FireFox and didn't care for it .
Do you go in to Internet Options and clean out your Cookies , Past History , etc ? Doing this speeds things up but not sure if it would fix your problem ........
Semper Fi !

RubyCreekHunter

Postby RubyCreekHunter » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:50 am

Hi fasteddie and thanks for the reply,
Do you go in to Internet Options and clean out your Cookies , Past History , etc ?
Yes, i often do this....
Also, a little update...normally, after looking at the  locked up screen for 5 minutes, i`ll hold down the power button,shut down and reboot. Well today i just let it sit for a half hour, and when i came back there was a small window on the screen(error message) saying there had been a " C## runtime error" after clicking "ok" the computer works fine. Suppose i should google this error...ugh[:o]

jacannon63

Postby jacannon63 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:19 pm

I have just about quit coming to this site for that very reason. I seem to do better if I don't login...
Stump sittin since 1981

Return to Forum rules and help