Private Lands Seminar

JPH

Private Lands Seminar

Postby JPH » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:40 am

I have been invited to a Private Lands Management Seminar, from 10-2 Saturday, in Clarke Co. It is sponsored by the DNR and NWTF. It is going to be held on a friend's property and is supposed to have some good speakers.

They would like guests to RSVP so that they can perepare enough lunches. If you (anyone) are intreasted, please send me a PM and I'll hook you up.

Demoderby4

RE: Private Lands Seminar

Postby Demoderby4 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:12 am

That sounds really cool, i hope they eventually end up do something like that around here sometime, i know its not prime real estate in much of MI but deer are everywhere here, i would love to go to something like that, sounds like a lot of fun, enjoy yourself!

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:59 am

How'd the seminar go.  Any info to share?

Hope you had luck on your evening hunt. 
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

JPH

Postby JPH » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:17 am

ORIGINAL: ranwin33

How'd the seminar go.  Any info to share?

Hope you had luck on your evening hunt. 

I didn't make it after all. [8|]

I hunted the a.m because I knew it was going to be very hot later in the day. I saw a small buck and many does. I did not get home until after the seminar had started, so I tore carpet up all day and hunted again in the evening. Got skunked.

Next time. 

Return to Iowa