BHP

Discuss Quality Deer Management issues here!
datplanet

BHP

Postby datplanet » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:24 pm

I was watching this video on BHPtv and this hunter by the name if Shawn Misener.  He talks about video taping instead of shooting smaller deer.  It gives you some satisfaction to be able to show your friends the video instead of the spike horns....

Not a bad idea...

jsjandro

RE: BHP

Postby jsjandro » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:31 pm

if only everyone thought like that.....[:)]
only if we had antler point restrictions...:(

try not to become a man of success, but a man of value.

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:14 pm

I don't video them, but I do try to get their pictures. Getting a camera out of my bag or pocket and getting it to where I can take a picture also serves as pretty good practice for learning to move slow and quiet.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

bowman12

Postby bowman12 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:26 am

It took a while for my brother and I to convince our old man to let the 3 1/2 year old bucks walk. He's old school and it was just too tempting to shoot them. I almost bought him a real good camera last year to let him take photos instead of shoot them, and he brought it up this year.

One of our friends wanted to get a contest going this year, $5 or $10 to join, and whoever could take a photo of the biggest buck and not shoot him would win the pot. Thought it was a very cool idea.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:06 am

For everyone who believes in QDM and practices it, this sounds like a great idea.  Obviously not everyone is on the wagon and that's fine...Nothing wrong with that.  But, for those of us that are, great idea!

QDM!

Return to QDM • Quality Deer Management