Most comfortable Deer stand

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
fatbob240

RE: Most comfortable Deer stand

Postby fatbob240 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:13 am

For me, it's my Summit Viper. I can't even recall the number of times I've had all day hunts in this stand. I'm comfortable and I feel safe and secure. Hang my day pack on a hook, bring a hand held game or a book and I'm good for 12 hours.
Goal: 1 shot= 1 kill

fatbob240

Postby fatbob240 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:16 am

The problem with the Lone Wolf stands are that they are very narrow. I'm a bodybuilder and my legs do not even come close to fitting in the seat on their climbers. Not to mention the price. Yikes![:D]
Goal: 1 shot= 1 kill

highview72

Postby highview72 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:02 pm

The Lone Wolf also attaches too close to the tree so you have to sit straight up. The Summit allows you to recline back a little.
A man only has so many hunting seasons. Make the most of them.

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:19 am

[font="Tahoma"]Treewalker Treestand is the MOST comfortable tree stand I have EVER used!!! It's big, light, easy to use, and extremely comfortable. It is also very safe. I have never felt safer in a tree as I do with this stand. (I also have their "Chill Pad" as well and it makes it even more comfortable)

My favorite way to sit is facing the tree. (I've even taken a pretty good nap once or twice that way...) [:D]

There are a ton of good photos on their web site - http://www.treewalkertreestands.com/ [/font]

�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

USN_Sam1385

Postby USN_Sam1385 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:53 pm

ORIGINAL: FFKEVIN

[color="#0000ff"][size="3"][font="tahoma"]Treewalker Treestand is the MOST comfortable tree stand I have EVER used!!! It's big, light, easy to use, and extremely comfortable. It is also very safe. I have never felt safer in a tree as I do with this stand. (I also have their "Chill Pad" as well and it makes it even more comfortable)

My favorite way to sit is facing the tree. (I've even taken a pretty good nap once or twice that way...) [:D]

There are a ton of good photos on their web site - http://www.treewalkertreestands.com/ [/font] [/size] [/color]

Wow..... I think I might have just found a winner. That looks INCREDIBLY comfortable. I can picture myself laid back like that guy gun hunting all day. Which exact model did you buy??Looking at the pictures, is it confusing to adjust it all those different ways? I guess the mesh seat slides back and forth, based upon which direction you are facing? Does the chill seat get un attached and re attached based on which way you are facing as well??

boxcallkid

Postby boxcallkid » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:27 am

First. I use the Ol- man climbing stand and find it more than adequate in the comfort dept, and ease of use.
Second, I went to the website posted above and took a look at this stand, first off it looks very, very similiar to my Ol man with a few differences. I do have some questions about it though. I was looking at the platform and it says they don't use boot straps, and touted some form of balanced technology of some sort. Does this somehow make the platform magically appear under you? As you climb does it somehow levitate in place for the next step or what? What if the majic somehow runs low half way up the tree and your just left with the seat, do you just sprinkle some fairy dust and float back down? Just wonderin, amybe you can help?
Like gramps used to say, "Why is it there's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over?"

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:09 pm

ORIGINAL: USN_Sam1385

Wow..... I think I might have just found a winner. That looks INCREDIBLY comfortable. I can picture myself laid back like that guy gun hunting all day. Which exact model did you buy??Looking at the pictures, is it confusing to adjust it all those different ways? I guess the mesh seat slides back and forth, based upon which direction you are facing? Does the chill seat get un attached and re attached based on which way you are facing as well??

[font="Tahoma"]The model I bought was the ProMag. It seemed like the best fit for me for bow and gun hunting. Here is a link for a comparson of the models - http://www.treewalkertreestands.com/compare.asp

Here is a photo of the ProMag.

It is not confusing at all. When I took it home, I hung it on a tree in my yard and messed around with it and got the hang of it in a few minutes. (I also played with it a bunch at the Deer & Turkey Expo the day I bought it!)

You are correct the mesh seat slides to the front or back. Front for climbing and sitting facing the tree and back for sitting against the tree.

The Chill Pad is a separate pad that has two webbing straps with clips on each of them. If you are sitting against the tree, you just run the straps around the tree and let the pad drape over the mesh seat. If you are sitting facing the tree, you run the straps under the bottom rail and then the pad goes over the shooting rest (which now becomes your back rest). When sitting either way, to change from sitting upright to reclining all you have to do is slide the mesh seat with the chill pad forward.

Here is a photo of the chill pad against the tree.

I hope this helps.[/font]
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:37 pm

ORIGINAL: boxcallkid

First. I use the Ol- man climbing stand and find it more than adequate in the comfort dept, and ease of use.
Second, I went to the website posted above and took a look at this stand, first off it looks very, very similiar to my Ol man with a few differences. I do have some questions about it though. I was looking at the platform and it says they don't use boot straps, and touted some form of balanced technology of some sort. Does this somehow make the platform magically appear under you? As you climb does it somehow levitate in place for the next step or what? What if the majic somehow runs low half way up the tree and your just left with the seat, do you just sprinkle some fairy dust and float back down? Just wonderin, amybe you can help?

[font="Tahoma"]The treewalker does not use boot straps. Instead you face the tree and stand on the platform. You turn your feet slightly outward which places your toes through the triangle section formed on the frame. It is very easy to use and you NEVER have to bend over and try to get you boots in straps. It feels very natural.

The balance you are referring to, (I am assuming) just refers to the fact that it is not front or back heavy and it balances on your feet when you are climbing.

The guys that run Treewalker are super nice, down to earth guys and they are very helpful. I'm sure if you have any questions, especially ones I can't answer or don't answer well, they would be glad to help.

Here is their contact info -
Tel. 865-579-0210
sales@treewalkertreestands.com

I hope I am explaining it good enough. I drew on the photo below to help.[/font]

boxcallkid

Postby boxcallkid » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:49 am

FFKEVIN;
Sorry I came off a little smart A..ed! and I was just poking a little fun while actually trying to make a point.

I hate to be the one to point this out, but having lots of experience with climbing treestands I believe this is worthy of discussion. I've probobly used mine on a least a hundred different trees since I first purchased it and more than likely twice that number. In a perfect world every tree would be absolutly straight with no abnormal growths or protrusions, but this just isn't the case.
This is where I see what could be a major flaw in this design. Now I'm no engineer, this is just my opinion and I'm not in any way trying to offend anyone here.
I can guarantee you right now that someone using this stand will have this happen to them someday! What if your boots are a little wet or frost and snow covered and your climbing or descending, your 15 ft off the ground and you tilt the platform at a steep angle and have to twist it around a bulge in the tree and it slips off your boots? Now what? If the platform doesn't grab the tree before it hits the ground your in quite a spot!
Now your left with quite the dilemma. One piece on the ground and the other fifteen or even twenty ft. in the air. Hopefully without you hanging with outstretched arms, and less than super human strength! Getting down at this point could be a very painful proposition, and less than convienient I'm sure!

I believe you should have a 1 in. web strap that goes from the flatform to the seat no more than 4 ft long maybe even shorter. If this company can't do it because of patent infringements or something like this you should do it on your own, I would. I'm only recommending this as a safety precaution because strange things can happen and I would hate to see someone get hurt!
Like gramps used to say, "Why is it there's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over?"

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:21 am

ORIGINAL: boxcallkid

FFKEVIN;
Sorry I came off a little smart A..ed! and I was just poking a little fun while actually trying to make a point...

...I believe you should have a 1 in. web strap that goes from the flatform to the seat no more than 4 ft long maybe even shorter. If this company can't do it because of patent infringements or something like this you should do it on your own, I would. I'm only recommending this as a safety precaution because strange things can happen and I would hate to see someone get hurt!

[font="Tahoma"]No problem. I didn't take it wrong at all.

I had more problems with my feet slipping off the bottom while climbing when using climbers with the boot straps, than I have with the Treewalker. I have been using the Treewalker since 2006 and I have only had it slip off my feet once, when it hit a branch from a nearby tree.

However my foot platform did not fall all the way to the ground. Just like what you are suggesting, ALL the Treewalker treestands come with a 4-5 foot length of cord (similar to 550 cord) with a rectangle piece on the end of it. The cord ties to the upper section of the climber and the rectangle piece goes through the mesh floor on the bottom section of the climber. If the bottom falls, the cord catches it and all you have to do is pull the cord up and put your feet back in.

I looked on their web site and I couldn't find any mention of this cord. I might try to e-mail them and let them know.

Have a Great Christmas! - FFKEVIN[/font]

PreviousNext

Return to Tree Stands