License Fee Hikes

bobow

License Fee Hikes

Postby bobow » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:47 pm

[size="2"][font="verdana"]Thanks to our Governor, license fee hikes are in affect on January 1.

[/font][/size]December 12, 2009 at 09:03 AM

[/align] Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn recently signed into law a bill increasing the hunting and fishing license fees.
The changes, which take effect Jan. 1, add $2 to fishing licenses ($14.50) and $5 to hunting licenses ($12). A deer permit also increases $10 ($25).
The increases are expected to raise $3.5 million for fish and wildlife programs.

Source
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

Lot to Learn 2

RE: License Fee Hikes

Postby Lot to Learn 2 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:02 pm

yeah this sucks. Obvious about money and not about wildlife, especially deer. I buy 2 firearm and 2 muzzleloader, was 60 now 100. I even bought another over the counter doe gun tag this year.   so what we are going to see is less residents buying tags, buy I bet you anything that will not reduce the number of hunters. One game warden trying to cover multiple counties? If they want to make it about money I don't really blame anyone anymore. I know several people that actually count on deer to help provide for their families. 

Quickdraw

Postby Quickdraw » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:26 am

I am not real thrilled about that. And I will be cutting out a tag or two next year.

This year I bought two for gun and after I filled my bow either sex tag I bought a second combo tag. I think next year I am only going to buy one gun and one bow combo, thats it!

Everything is going up except my salary which has gone down. something has got to give.

Relentless

Postby Relentless » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:07 am

I can live with the extra $5 for the license but, $10 per permit is a little steep.  I buy five gun tags every year and at least two of the archery combos.  This will have an impact on how many tags I buy next year.  I may not be so willing to eat my extra tags.
Bucks and does alike, if I ever lose the rush leading up to and after a kill, I will hang it up. Knowing me, that will never happen.

hookset6969

Postby hookset6969 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:41 pm

This state suck's I called this one year's ago when they started shooting in the name of CWD. Anyone who believes that the money is going to go to wildlife research are probably the same one's that think all the money that the IL Lottery Put's in for the school's actually make's it there. I tell ya what the minute I have the chance to get out of this piss bucket I'm gone. I have already pretty much quit hunting here and with the fire arm's law's I'm affraid to take a gun outside of my house. I'll let the northern half of this state be used for what they want it for job's and high tax's. For you all down in the southern part sorry guy's I'm one of you but we as a whole are just not around in the northern part. Chicago can have it, I'll take my money else where. Who the hell are they trying to kid here do they think we are all stupid, Let's see we all buy tag's around here now to go out and see a couple of deer, Take our children to the forest preserves to see no deer thank's to them shooting them all, and now pay more money to see even less, IL kiss my a-- insult somebody else. They just might have raised the cost because the beer tax went up, God know's you would have to be drunk to actually do this. Some one has to support their habit's. No love here, let em run this place to the ground.

Return to Illinois