kisser button or peep sight??

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
hookset6969

RE: kisser button or peep sight??

Postby hookset6969 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:22 pm

Try centering your peep to your sight housing and that's a great start to getting rid of the kisser.

scotman

Postby scotman » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:44 am

ORIGINAL: MoDeer

When I first started bowhunting at 11 we used kisser buttons on our recurves but when we switched to compounds we got rid of the kisser button . I guess I dont understand the need for a kisser button . Most bows are equipped with draw stops . Even before the draw stop I always thaught if you were at full draw with the pin centered in the peep and released properly you would hit where you were aiming . 

Kisser button is great for an exact anchor point each and every time. It really does improve your shooting. Usually if you align the kisser button so it anchors at the corner of your mouth when your at full draw it will ensure more consistent shooting. It also minimizes cocking your head from side to side.
"The deerskin rug on our study floor, the buck's head over the fireplace, what are these after all but the keys which have unlocked enchanted doors, and granted us not only health and vigor, but a fresh and fairer vision of existence" -Paul. Brandreth

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:18 am

If you don't like or need , etc a Kisser Button , don't use one . For myself , I don't know as I "need" one but I feel comfortable using a Kisser Button and will continue to do so .........
Semper Fi !

hookset6969

Postby hookset6969 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:17 am

SCOTMAN, I agree with what you have said to a degree, But here's the thing, The leaning of your head is more likely due because of improper draw length, Second will a kisser improve a new shooter's group's yes, Is it an extra security mabe, I guess my point is here that if you shoot like you should you really don't need a kisser button. People that pick their bow's up a week before season and start shooting need a kisser and alot of other help also, My point is if you shoot often and get comfortable with your equipment a kisser is nothing more than added weight to a bow string and it is added weight at the wrong spot on the string. think about it how many pro archer's use kisser button's? The peep is far more important. We as archer's need to take the time to shoot our equipment after all when we go out hunting we are not shooting at paper target's were taking a breathing animal.

DravesArchery

Postby DravesArchery » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:44 pm

I'd have to agree with fasteddie, Goose, by using both you should notice more consitency with your shots because it gives you more then one point of reference. I set up hundreds of bows every year and I always recommend a kisser and a peep. In our store we use a Komfort Kiss kisser button that I invented with a Radz Peep site. I have a video you guys can watch that explains the Komfort Kiss if you want to check it out.

krawiech

Postby krawiech » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:57 pm

up until i had to start using a crossbow i wouldnot shoot a bow without a kisser and peep i was accurate out to 40 yards we have a local hunter ed instructor who helps people shoot better i went with him one day to check my technique and accuracy after the first 2 shots he set up an additional target so i wouldnot damge his shafts he said what are you doing here i said harry im looking for help he told me to go home the kisser and peep were my accuracy gems hank k

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:48 pm

I learned this year not to use a kisser button and naturally found my anchor point and I do well without one. I also learned that having less accessories attached to your string helps better with speed and less noise upon release. I am gonna move to a new peep sight this year rather than using the type that has that rubber tube attached to it, those tubes seem to rip in half quite a bit, I went thru maybe 4 of them last year. So, I am gonna change up that and get the solid ring peep sight embedded in my string. Hopefully that does better.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

Proline

Postby Proline » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:30 am

Most important in archery is repetition of good form and consistency. How you achieve that is personal. You have to be comfortable and have the psychological edge.  So what I am saying is, try it and see if you like the kisser and peep or just the peep.  It really doesn't matter what others think. It matters what you think..............

Huntingdad

Postby Huntingdad » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:33 pm

Use both plus the string on the tip of my nose. Use them or not that is up to you. I will only say this. They do not hurt!!!!

Previous

Return to Archery and Bowhunting