CWD Rumor

WiredToHunt

CWD Rumor

Postby WiredToHunt » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:44 pm

I just recently heard a rumor that the owner of the breeding facility where CWD was found is now suing the State of Michigan. Anyone heard about this or knows what the real deal is?

DeerCamp

RE: CWD Rumor

Postby DeerCamp » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:21 am

I havent heard that... I have heard he's in jail for this.. rumor has it he is an anti hunter who let the deer out.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:25 am

I also heard somthing from a kid in school today, he said on the raido they talked about stoping the ban of baiting. They had a lot of people/farmers raise heack about it. They want to just ban it for the area's by Kent county. I dont know how ture this is either. I looked it up on line adn couldnt find anything. Im wondering if he was just wishful thinking.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

WiredToHunt

Postby WiredToHunt » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:19 am

I still haven't heard anything more about the owner of the CWD deer. But as for the bait ban, there was a petition and some type of meeting between farmers and officials. Ends up some politicians tried to help get rid of the ban, but DNR officials are staying strong on it. I guess the risk is just too great. It's a real shame for farmers who make a living off of selling that bait, but hopefully we can get this CWD thing behind us and get things back to normal next year.

Return to Michigan