Hunting Opportunities Around East Lansing?

WiredToHunt

Hunting Opportunities Around East Lansing?

Postby WiredToHunt » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:47 pm

Being a student at MSU, I have always had to go home on the weekends to get my deer hunting in. But I'm now looking at trying to find some land closer to school. I was wondering if any of you know of any good public land or willing farmers somewhere nearby East Lansing that I might be able to get in touch with. I'd love to be able to grab my bow after class and spend a weekday out in the woods. If you have any ideas or information, feel free to email me at kenyonm1@msu.edu . Thanks!

mag30079

RE: Hunting Opportunities Around East Lansing?

Postby mag30079 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:37 am

I'm not sure you know about this program, but here's a link of private land for the state. This private land is avalable for public use but its first come first serve and there's a limited number of hunters to each property. There may be an opertunity in the area your interested in.

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/dnr/0607HAP_174892_7.pdf

Good luck and happy hunting

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:22 am

start knocking on doors around there... also, you can buy a book of Michigan at walmart for about 30 bucks, and it shows you all the state land in your area. If I were you Id also check out the local DNR and see where they say you can hunt
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:46 pm

ORIGINAL: DeerCamp

start knocking on doors around there... also, you can buy a book of Michigan at walmart for about 30 bucks, and it shows you all the state land in your area. If I were you Id also check out the local DNR and see where they say you can hunt

save your 30 bucks it online at the dnr website

WiredToHunt

Postby WiredToHunt » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:58 am

Thanks for the info.

Return to Michigan