Exercise/Routine of the Week

Tips on how to keep yourself in top form for the hunting season.
schlupis

RE: Exercise/Routine of the Week

Postby schlupis » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:21 am

ORIGINAL: JPH

Here is a link to a thread that offers photos of the above drag system. ^

http://forum.deeranddeerhunting.com/tm.aspx?m=56036

Great system. I dont know if this was mentioned by sombody else or not but, I have the hunter saftey system harness. If you take the straps off the tree place it around the head of the deer or antlers. There is a clip on the bottom of the vest feed it through and now you can use your treestand harness to drag your deer out. It works great and because its a vest style there is very little upper body or shoulder strain.

I used it to drag my buck out this year 1/4 mile through a cedar swamp without it I would still be pulling that thing.

JPH

Postby JPH » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:59 am

12/20/2009 - 12/26/2009: The Pumper 3 Punisher

This little conditioning routine was created by some of my friends who work at DMFD Fire Station #3. It is a great workout to do in a small group because it allows several people to rotate through stations and encourage one another as they go.

You will perform 3 cardio exercises, at max exertion, for three minutes each and rest for 3 minutes, repeating for a total of 3 rounds. This is a 36 minutes workout with a lot of variety. It can be expressed like this,

3 rounds of:
- Jump rope X 3:00
- Airdyne Bike X 3:00
- Treadmill X 3:00
- Rest X 3:00

I have attached some photos of my friends in action.

JPH

Postby JPH » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:29 am

Okay, there you have it. Roughly one year's worth of simple exercises and short fitness routines. I'm going to discontinue the weekly postings on this thread but I will be happy to share any ideas you may have here.

I hope 2010 is a year where you will realize all your fitness goals, making you a better and safer hunter!

Goose

Postby Goose » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:14 am

Thanks for all the time that you put into it, its appreciated.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:00 am

Good job JPH.....may your year be a good and healthy one as well.

Todays exercise for me...in instead of a hike...it is 8 degrees snowing and 16-20 mpr sustained winds...was to shovel 6inches of snow off our 300ft by 15-25 ft wide drive way and then 50ft on either side of the mail box for the mail lady.....We'll see if I can get out of bed tomorrow [;)]

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:01 am

P.S.........  I was using a 2ft wide hand shovel

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:48 pm

The winds calmed down but it snowed all day....will shovel drive again tomorrow...did hike today....the snow is a foot deep with drifts up to my knees...my hike was cut in half ...glutes(sp) and hips sore....that's a lot of snow plowing with my legs... down and then back up the hills....ever mindful to stop and let my heart rate go down ... temp got up to 12 degrees today....a lot of popping and cracking of trees and the fresh tracks of 2 deer...found a bedding area just inside our woods and less than 100yrds from the neighbors red pine plantation....in this cold that surprised me...

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:26 pm

Who needs a gym?[;)]
Aerobic...Cardio...and weight all in one...

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:15 am

Well the driveway is filled in again.....waited until the snow finally stopped....yesterday would have been a beautiful shoveling day ...but I spent the day hauling cut fire wood out with a sled.....half a cord(not face) of very nice beech and seasoned ash....do believe next weekend I'll figure out a place on our land that's NOT and up hill drag[:o][;)]...so once I get the hitch in my side to stop screaming I'll be shoveling the drive today....when the winds not blowing I can stay healthy in the winter in these snowy hills[:)]

JPH

Postby JPH » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:40 am

Love it msb!

PreviousNext

Return to Hunter Health & Fitness