Your set up

djohns13

Your set up

Postby djohns13 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:26 am

With the season rapidly drawing closer, describe your stand site that you think has the most potential, and be sure to describe why.  Thanks hoosiers.

Good shooting.
Darren Johnson
Internet Pro Staff Member - Indiana

Glad to talk to all of you, but I'd rather be sitting in a tree stand on a cool morning trying not to move so that the bruiser buck directly below me doesn't figure out that I am watching him!

hunter480

RE: Your set up

Postby hunter480 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:00 pm

My best stand set-up is in a little 10 acre woodlot my buddy and I hunt. I have a ladderstand set up in the crotch of 2 trees facing a deer run only 22 yards in front. There is a thicket to my left and behind me thqt deer move through freely, and another run comes out of the light part of the thicket to my right, and only 4 yards from my stand. I can`t count the number of deer I`ve seen from this stand, and I`ve killed 5 of them.

It`s one of those stands that you stumble on, that produces both archery and firearms season. For such a small woodlot, we`ve had great action there, and it seems as though, the deer numbers are only increasing in that woods over the last couple years.

Return to Indiana